Anyone know the fate of this person?

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
I was at the Disney Studios yesterday. We had just sat down for the Lights Motors Action show. A husband an wife sat down next to us and a few seconds later he collapsed. Myself and a few others did what we could to help until the Disney cast memembers and medical staff came.

The show was canceled and everyone was asked to leave the show area. They were still working on him, giving him CPR when we left. My wife and I wanted to know if he had made it or not. He wasn't doing well when we left and we had hoped he had pulled through.

If anyone has seen and news on this please let us know.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I think the family should sue...Lights, Motors, Action! caused the collapse, it's too intense of a ride and should be toned down. :lookaroun

On the other hand, I hope the guy is ok, it would be tragic to get sick on vacation.

Well they would have to cancel the show to work on him. I have a friend that when to a concert at Night of Joy 2 years ago and he said the lead singer for I believe it was Audio A. Went to do a sortof arm thrust into the air during a song and his shoulder seperated and his arm went all limp. The Band members and CMs rushed over to him on stage and put up a curtain to block everyones view and then they called off the show. He said the stage was closed for the rest of the night and they moved the other acts to other stages in Disney. So them canceling the show does surprise me all that much. Also they would probably have to investigate what happend and take photos of the area and all that stuff too (CSI:MAGIC KINGDOM).
Dont forget coming next season CSI:EPCOT and CSI:ANIMAL KINGDOM.

brich

I think the family should sue...Lights, Motors, Action! caused the collapse, it's too intense of a ride and should be toned down. :lookaroun
Jeesh that was pretty funny...:rolleyes:

TheOneVader said:
Call me insensitive, but I'd be really mad that they cancelled the show.
With this post, insensitive doesn't come to mind...The nerve of that guy to interupt your fun.:mad:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
They were working on him for at least 7-10 min while people were still sitting down. The show was almost ready to go on, about 5 min left to go. Thats when they canceled the show.

They were still working on him when we finally got out. They had to been working on him for over 15 min. We were thinking it wasn't going well and Disney didn't want to move him with all those people around.

Well, if anyone hears anything, let us know.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Sorry guys - but you're behaving like a bunch of vultures seeking out fresh meat :mad:

Somebody has potentially lost a husband / father and all you can do is crack "jokes" - go get a life and be insensitive at someone else's misfortune

polynesiangirl

Well said, Captain. My parents actually have a friend whose dad died of a heart attack while walking around one of the parks. Just collapsed and died with no warning. Truth is none of us can predict stuff like that and it could certainly happen to any one of us or someone we love. Maybe he just fainted, maybe he has a blood sugar issue, maybe it was a grave situation.

I know you guys were just trying to be funny, and in rereading the posts there was still a lot of concern for the guy...just be mindful of how it comes off.

<end Public Service Anouncement> :wave:

DisneyMusician2

These things happen. People need to have some understanding about cancellations and such. Pepole were even getting mad about a short RoRc shutdown a couple of weeks ago to check on a safety issue.

Just remember it could be your family member one time and try to be patient.

wdwishes2005

These things happen. People need to have some understanding about cancellations and such. Pepole were even getting mad about a short RoRc shutdown a couple of weeks ago to check on a safety issue.

Just remember it could be your family member one time and try to be patient.
I understand the cancellation, but the RnRC thing was an extreme overreaction. Some guy gets sick 3 hours after the ride, and they close it. He could've been out in the hot florida sun too long... but that's beside the point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom