Anyone heading to WDW for Christmas 02?

bamboo7

I was just wondering how many people are planning on making a special trip to WDW for this coming Christmas. I'm lucky enough to be going this year (it will be my third disney world christmas). i especially look forward to seeing the enormous christmas tree, the way all of the resorts are decorated, and ESPECIALLY the country bear's christmas show.

also, anyone have any great stories/memories of Christmas at WDW in the past?

monorail256

I dont know if this counts but... Im arriving at Disney World on December 26th and staying through New Years, :D CANT WAIT! Then after that I believe our next Disnrey Trip will be May 3-10 2002. I am so happy..ahh:lol:

Upvote 0

2much2do

I am!!!!!! I am moving to Orlando in Oct. and I have never been to WDW during Christmas, so I am definitly planning to go and check it out! I hear they have fake snow???? I can't wait!!!!

Upvote 0

denrock

My wife and I, along with our two married sons and their wives will be going down from December 21 - 28! This will be our second time to be at Disney during Christmas, but the first time with our daughters in law. I can't wait!:lol:

Upvote 0

conntom

Christmas at Disney

Christmas is the best at Disney you will love the swells the
the lights and the people are happyer I will be there on Dec 9
for my 15 year at Christmas have a good time:sohappy:

Upvote 0

goaler

We are considering going during the kids Christmas break. Are the decorations still up after the 25th? I know that MVMCP is over by then, how about the crowds?

Upvote 0

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by 2much2do
I hear they have fake snow???? I can't wait!!!!

i can remember there being fake plastic snow at one place in mgm (near pizza planey, if i remember correctly), and on christmas day in the magic kingdom, they had bubbles coming down all over main street to simulate snow. It was very neat,

Upvote 0

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by goaler
We are considering going during the kids Christmas break. Are the decorations still up after the 25th? I know that MVMCP is over by then, how about the crowds?

yea, the decoration stay up after the 25th, at least through new years.

as far as the crouds are concerned, i'm not really sure what to expect. the last christmas disney trip i was on was christmas 99' and that was rather crouded, especially on new years eve (WDW and EPCOT filled to capacity and closed their gates by early afternoon) due to the whole year 2000 thing.

Upvote 0

Jodigrl328

I can't wait to go for the second time during the christmas season!!! At MVMCP they have snow on main st!!! I will be there the 14th through the 18th and can't wait. It is so magical!!!

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
"...All I want for Christmas is a trip to WDW. I've been really good this year!"

I'm going to *try* to join you all. That would be the best gift ever! By the way, what do they do to the topiaries around the "world" at Christmas? Do they do anything special to the Castle or SSE? I'm really curious. It sounds great! :D

Upvote 0

Smitty

On the fake snow, they run the fake snow machines at MK during the Christmas parade and during the Christmas Party. And at MGM during the beginning of the light festival. (word of warning though! Don't catch it on your tongue. It is made out of soap not snow like at ski resorts.) Anyway, enjoy WDW at Christmas! It is amazing! You'll all love it and I have feeling if it is your first time there you might not want to go back at a different time! Have fun!

Upvote 0

NADisney

I love Disney at Christmas and never miss visiting the MK event : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I go the first week in dec ( dec 5 - 11 2002) not so crowded and get my shopping done for family and friends without the hassel.

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

We've been to WDW for Christmas twice and are hoping to go for a third time this year. It really is magical.
During the day, things felt pretty much the same, there are decorations everywhere, but for me, the magic really happens at night. The decorations are truly amazing. Everywhere you go, its Christmas. MK has the childhood innocence feeling, Epcot is all about peace and happiness, MGM is just fun. And the resorts are wonderful.
The fake snow is great. I know its only soap, but however they do it, it looks terrific, it even falls like real snow!
MVMCP is tons of fun. Special shows and free hot chocolate and cookies for all!!!
We've never run into any crowds either. Wait times are reasonable (1/2 hour at the most) during the week. The weekends pick up quite a bit. We don't even go near MK on Saturday.

All in all, Disney World is THE place to be for Christmas!!!!!

Upvote 0

Goofette

This post came at a perfect time. I'm trying to help a friend find information on wdw during Dec 26-29. Do they ever have discounts on rooms during that time or is it pretty much the Holiday rate? And how are the crowds then? If anyone has any other information about WDW (usual operating hours) I would really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Colin

Christmas at WDW is the only time we go, usually for 3 weeks, 1 week before Christmas, and the week after New Year. The decorations, parades at night, and the late closing times really makes the magic.

Upvote 0

Camelot

Well, I don't have any plans right now to go during Christmas 2002, but I have been to WDW during the first week of December in 2000 and 2001, and it was a great time to go.

It's not as crowded then, and we get to enjoy all of the wonderful Christmas decorations, parades and festiviities....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom