Anyone have problems with Spouse because of your Disney affection?

bigfatdonna

Original Poster

I've been curious about this for some time. I can't get enough of Disney. As I've mentioned before, I would go everyday if I could. As it stands, we usually visit once a month for just the day. Each year we spend a week long vacation at a Disney Resort. Does anyone besides me, ever argue with your significant other about your Disney affection? It's not so much that I'm a fan that bothers him. It's the fact that I want to spend a lot of our free time at the parks. Being the loving, considerate wife that I am:animwink: ,I've started spacing our mini one night stayovers to once every three months. This is even beginning to bug him.
Has anyone besides me ever experienced this?

KevinPage

I say get out the brom handle, make sure it's not pointed though and give the poor sap a beating :lol: :lol: :lol:

arcsbite

Originally posted by bigfatdonna

I've been curious about this for some time. I can't get enough of Disney. As I've mentioned before, I would go everyday if I could. As it stands, we usually visit once a month for just the day. Each year we spend a week long vacation at a Disney Resort. Does anyone besides me, ever argue with your significant other about your Disney affection? It's not so much that I'm a fan that bothers him. It's the fact that I want to spend a lot of our free time at the parks. Being the loving, considerate wife that I am:animwink: ,I've started spacing our mini one night stayovers to once every three months. This is even beginning to bug him.
Has anyone besides me ever experienced this?

ah, this is where I'm lucky, both myself and my boyfriend worked for disney at one point and are both disney freaks, so the much disney, the better
for both of us :)

Since1976

My wife doesn't have a problem with my Disney affection, per se. She just doesn't share my level of enthusiasm for WDW.

I'm pretty sure that this is because I've been to WDW 4 times since I was a year old, and she's only been once, as an adult (on our honeymoon). She had a wonderful time while we were there together, but I don't think she remained in "the Disney Zone" for long after we left.

My ears perk up whenever I hear anything about Disney World. I keep my wife informed about the latest Save Disney news, and she diplomatically acknowledges my interest in those matters. Now that I have a child on the way, I find myself gravitating to the Disney section of the toy store. I even listen to the park music in the car. (I once caught my wife humming the last few bars of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth! I didn't mention it to her -- I just smiled a private smile)

Given this, I am pleasantly surprised that it was my wife who suggested we go to WDW this year to use up a timeshare week. We ended up not choosing that option, but I was happy she thought of it!

If it were my choice, I would go to WDW every year, but since this is a marriage, I want to be perceptive of my wife's own wants and needs. That said, we've sort of agreed that after the child is born, Disney vacations will be more frequent!

Disney2002

My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip together soon. I know hes not as into Disney as I am, but I am hopeful. When I talk about it a lot, he gives me looks.

However, going once every 3 months. Even I wouldn't want that.

DisneyPhD

We are really lucky, WDW is one joint passions. One of the things we love about it is, we both love it so much. I love that fact that my sometimes serious proffeser husband is just a big kid and lots of fun when there. Now our 3 year old DD is a full fleged Disney Nut. So much so it makes me sad that she wants to "play" trip to WDW daily, and we won't be going back for 11 months right now. (that is a long time when you are 3). She doesn't seem to mind. She can tell you everthing about WDW talks about it all the time.

So it really is one of those things we have in commom that we can do together. I hear about people taking girls only trips or trips with the kids with out hubby, I can't imagine that. I wouldn't want to go with out him, it really is our speical place.

People think we are nuts, but we are nuts together.

Mrs PhD

maryssasmom

my bf is the same way. he would rather go rafting or camping or just plain old getting dirty before he went to disney. boring! he says he doesn't want to spend his day with 60,000 other people cramming to get on rides. so I am going to go without him. he is also afraid of flying so even if he did grace us with his presence he would be a basket case. since we live in CT we have to fly or it is a really long drive. but this is my passion, and I would move to florida in a hearbeat, I just have to convince him. my passion is disney and his is motorcycles. he could ride more down in FL than here too!! but it is a struggle when they do not share what you love the most.

Since1976

<i>We are really lucky, WDW is one [of our] joint passions. </i>

I'm looking forward to turning my wife into a WDW freak. A lot of the appeal of going to the parks is revisiting attractions you've experienced before, and discovering places you may have missed last time. Having been only once, she probably doesn't have that connection yet.

Phase 2 of my efforts to bring my wife into the Disney Zone begins on our next trip in 2006. Muhahahahahahaha!

I know, I'm a goof...

J

joviacdan

I think I've started to drive my girlfriend a little crazy. We went in January for 7 nights. We're going in September for 8 nights, and I'm already talking about going again next March. I watch the video from our trip as well as the vacation planning videos alot.

Luckily, she's a big Disney fan herself, so it's not so bad. However, I can tell she gets a bit annoyed when we walk around the Marketplace at night and I have this far off dreamy look in my eye and talk about how I dread going home.

wdwhoneymooner

DW and I are both Disney fanatics so there isn't much of an issue there............cooking, cleaning, laundry and finances? A WHOLE other matter! :hammer:

skeeter

My boyfriend graduates with a degree in illustration this May. His dream job was to work for Disney!!:cry: :cry: :cry:That is the reason he went back to school.
Well, I don't guess that will happen. He is the reason I am now a Disney nut, but there are far worse things to be addicted too.

Dr Disney

My wife and I are both fanatics. We first visited WDW in 91 on our honeymoon.

We now have three children and are spreading the disney dream to them with as many trips as we can sqeeze in each year (2 this year at least:king: )

Gucci65

My EX did put up with my love for Disney and I put up with his love of Nascar. In November he would work infield security at Atlanta Motor Speedway and I would go to WDW. We did compromise, I would go to a few races during the year and he would go to MK for the day during the summer while we were at the beach.

JackSkellington

Originally posted by barnum42
I do not have this problem - because I'm single :animwink:

:lol: Another upside to the singles life. Welcome to the boards bfdonna. I never thought this kind of question would appear on the boards but oh well. I think that perhaps your spouse feels that you are devoting more time to Disney than him. Maybe you could ues a time bank technique on him. Spend time with him, talk, watch movie, do what he wants to do. (Periodically) Then when you want to go to a theme park make a withdrawl from the timebank. And I am not saying that you are not a loving wife. But buttering him up will really help his attitude toward the whole situation.

Pippa

Luckily I converted my man early on in our relationship! He said WDW was for kids etc etc but said he was willing to give it a go. The rest is history..........

BellaBlue

Hi Donna! :wave:

You sound like my hubby and I, we live just outside Tampa and we usually go once a month for a day trip and for a week every October or November to the World. He loves Disney just as much as I do, which is a good thing because if he didn't I'd have to :hammer:

Tigggrl

I met my Fiance' Thru an online Disney group...I was looking for fellow passholders to go to WDW just to hang out and have fun...The only thing was He was in California and grew up with Disneyland, and I was in Florida, and had been a passholder there for years, frequenting the parks often:lol:
Now we are living together, combining our relatively large collection of Disney stuff, and we are only about 1/2 hour from Disneyland...:sohappy:

tigsmom

While my DH is not a fanatic (like my girls & myself) his affection for all things Disney has grown over the years. As long as he gets his day at the beach we are OK. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom