Anyone Ever walk From Mgm To Epcot or vis versa?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, both of those paths meet up past Boardwalk/Swan & Tuna... errr... Dolphin. ;)

We've done the walk at least once, probably more, I just don't remember. If it's hot, or we're heading to a show near the end of the day, we'll take the boat, just to get off our feet. It took 25-30 minutes, and that was at a leisurely pace.

A sidenote: If you just miss the boat, WALK. Like has been said, you'll probably beat the boat to your destination. :wave:

JBSLJames

nikimsu2002 said:
When we were down there last month my mom and I wondered if it was possible to walk from MGM to EPcot or even from MGM to the Beach Club where we were staying. We did the walk from Beach Club to Epcot everytime we went to Epcot because it was so much faster than the boat (which was nice but it went sooooooooo slowly)

So, can you do a similar walk from the CBR to either Epcot or MGM?

marynorth

If we walk from Epcot to MGM for instance, and we have one child in his stroller, can we come back on the boat? That is, if our stroller folds, is that OK? I'd like to try this b/c it would be a good opportunity to see the Boardwalk area we've never seen. Thanks for the tip!

MGMBoy

I LOVE that walk. That's the only way I'll go from MGM - EPCOT and vice versa. It's pretty quiet and a good escape from the crowds for a little bit.

imagineer99

marynorth said:
If we walk from Epcot to MGM for instance, and we have one child in his stroller, can we come back on the boat? That is, if our stroller folds, is that OK? I'd like to try this b/c it would be a good opportunity to see the Boardwalk area we've never seen. Thanks for the tip!

The boat goes both ways. So, that shouldn't be a problem.:)

Pioneer Hall

I walked it from Epcot to the studios this year. It was a pretty nice walk, but in the august heat it was a little much. I think the best option between those two parks is the bus.

Rotel1026

There's a bus between Epcot and MGM? I thought the only transportation between the two was the boat...and the pathway of course. The pathway wasn't open the times I'd been before so haven't taken it. This year, I went in July and the heat was definitely too much to walk that distance after having walked around the parks half the day. It does look like a nice relaxing path but I think it's nice to get off your feet for a bit so I definitely prefer the boat.

epcotfan

I walked from MGM to Epcot, shopped at the BW and still beat the boat. :sohappy: The only advice I have is to not do it alone. I was walking by myself and a man approached me on a deserted part of the path (no one was around) and asked where MGM was. Uh, can't you see it behind me dude? Anyhow, I won't do it by myself again since it is isolated. :(

HinunterZuNich

I noticed something for the first time! On the SWAN side of the waterway there use to be a path, but it ended. I noticed this past August that the path now extended to the road that you go under when leaving MGM Studios heading towards EPCOT. I find it weird they extended the walkway just to have it lead onto one of the bigger road's in Disney.

Pioneer Hall

Rotel1026 said:
There's a bus between Epcot and MGM? I thought the only transportation between the two was the boat...and the pathway of course. The pathway wasn't open the times I'd been before so haven't taken it. This year, I went in July and the heat was definitely too much to walk that distance after having walked around the parks half the day. It does look like a nice relaxing path but I think it's nice to get off your feet for a bit so I definitely prefer the boat.

Yup there are busses running between the parks.

sillyspook13

I usually cut off about 5 minutes from the walk by going through the Boardwalk pool area instead of walking all the way down to Atlantic Dance.

jeffs10

Original Poster
I have always walked mgm epcot. I think it because i end every night in WDW at epcot. Cannot wait to go 2 more days

Scooter

We always take the boat back and forth from MGM to The International Gateway at EPCOT.

The walk looks very relaxing, but it's always been too hot for my wife and I so we get on the air-conditioned Friendships.

Someone called the boat riders "Lazy" in this thread but rather than give them grief I'm just going to say this:

I'm not "Lazy" because I choose not to walk, it's my familys choice to take he Friendships. We do it to save wear and tear on our legs. Having walked from the Monorail station, through Future World, then all around the World Showcase and then on to Boardwalk and then back again, is more than enough walking for MY family.

If we stayed at an EPCOT resort we might choose to walk to MGM but in 90+ degree weather we would rather take Disney's air conditioned Transportation.

The views from the boats are spectacular and provide for some great photo ops. It's a great video op as well.

To those people who choose to walk to MGM or back I want to add this: If it's a hot day, be sure to drink plenty of liquids before your journey and stay hydrated. It wouldn't hurt to carry a cell phone on your journey as well in case of an emergency.

Walking or Boating....Whatever your choice...have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom