Anyone Ever walk From Mgm To Epcot or vis versa?

jeffs10

Original Poster
I do it atleast 2 or 3 times every time i go and it one of my favorite parts of the Trip Very relaxing and hardly anyone on the path. This year i will get photos.

I hardy every see anyone on the path and wonder how may people Knew it exsitied.

If you dont know about it check it out on your next trip its a nice Walk. Plus you get to walk threw boardwalk and stop at the ice cream shop and enter in the rear entrance in epcot.

Jeff

PrinceDon

Thought about it...

How long does it take? Is there also a way to do it by boat from the international gateway to MGM?
Thanks -

jeffs10

Original Poster
Usally there a small line at mgm and we may see the boat half way as where walking and we can almost beat the boat there.

I would say 15-30 min sorry i never timed it at all. Always having to much fun. I think its better then the boat no waiting in line at all.

Jeff

tigger248

I was gonna do it this past trip in July, but ended up not doing it. It sounds like a nice walk. I'll have to try it this November when I go back.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
It's a nice walk when it's not too hot. Takes me about 25-30 mins. More if I stop for lunch on the way.

RogueHabit

We thought about doing this wolk last month, but decided that it was just too damn hot on the day and neither of us wanted to push the stroller.... :lol:

Maybe next year.

chucknstuff

We do this every time we go. It is about 30 min (comfortably) We usually fill up a bottle of water if the weather is hot. If you are really lazy take the boat ride, it is also relaxing. But I do like the walk, and I agree, the Ice Cream at boardwalk is refreshing as a half way reward.

ISTCrew20

Yea, it's nice. I find the walk from Epcot to MGM to be easier than MGM to Epcot. I actually prefer walking over taking the boat. It lets you get away from the crowds for awhile.

SewIn2Disney

Last May I went with my two friends, and while in Epcot one of my friends decided he needed a midday break that only Who Want's to Be a Millionare could cure. So he left the two of us to explore the countries, and he walked from Mexico to the back of MGM, played two games and then walked all the way back and met us under SSE. It doesn't seem like that much, but he was gone for nearly 3 hours! But, he did say he beat the boat both times, and it was a nice walkway.

webmomom

Gucci65 said:
Where do you catch the boat at?

Where do you walk at? (ie where is the path?)
I will try to explain to you.

If you leave Epcot from the international Entrance/exit walk along the boardwalk till you come to Jellyrolls /Atlantic Dancie and follow the boardwalk to the back and then proceed behind the Boardwalk Hotel and it will take you directly to MGM.

If you are coming out from MGM as you leave you will see the boat dock to your left, don't take it. go to your right and follow the fence around and down and you will be on the walkway.

TheDisneyGirl02

I've taken the boat ride (partly because I didn't know the walkway was there)! I enjoyed the boat ride...it was relaxing and I got to see parts of property that I hadn't seen before. Plus, it was fun to ride in a boat! LOL

TheDisneyGirl02

Gucci65

webmomom said:
I will try to explain to you.

If you leave Epcot from the international Entrance/exit walk along the boardwalk till you come to Jellyrolls /Atlantic Dancie and follow the boardwalk to the back and then proceed behind the Boardwalk Hotel and it will take you directly to MGM.

If you are coming out from MGM as you leave you will see the boat dock to your left, don't take it. go to your right and follow the fence around and down and you will be on the walkway.

Cool, guess I just never noticed before. Okay so isn't the ESPN restaurant at the Boardwalk - so I will be able to catch the Georgia Bulldogs win the SEC championship on the big screen tv there? (sorry for the drift)

imagineer99

You don't have to walk on the boardwalk. You can leave right from the international gateway and walk in front of the Beach/Yacht Club resorts. It picks up the path by the Swan and Dolphin.

nikimsu2002

When we were down there last month my mom and I wondered if it was possible to walk from MGM to EPcot or even from MGM to the Beach Club where we were staying. We did the walk from Beach Club to Epcot everytime we went to Epcot because it was so much faster than the boat (which was nice but it went sooooooooo slowly)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom