Anyone ever used Specialty Van Rentals?

CommunicoreBabe

Original Poster
Hi, all I am going to do the whole Orlando thing Oct. 19-26 with 6
friends and my husband. We are doing Seaworld, Universal, and IOA as well as WDW. Has anyone ever rented a Van from
Specialty Van Rentals @ the airport (MCO)? If so any input on
your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Only 51 days to go!!!

emmagata

Originally posted by CommunicoreBabe
Hi, all I am going to do the whole Orlando thing Oct. 19-26 with 6
friends and my husband. We are doing Seaworld, Universal, and IOA as well as WDW. Has anyone ever rented a Van from
Specialty Van Rentals @ the airport (MCO)? If so any input on
your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Only 51 days to go!!!

We have a 15 passanger van reserved with them. A customer of mine also has one reserved. We are both going in December.

I haven't heard anything at all (good or bad) but I took a chance since most other rental companies wanted significantly more than what SVR wanted. I think our price (without insurance) is about $650 for 10 days. I also have a 20 percent off coupon.

Hopefully there ok. If not, we'll make a mad dash over to Alamo.

Just a word of caution, most CCs and your car insurance don't cover rental vans over a certain size. A Dodge Caravan, yes, a Dodge 15 pass, NO!

Good luck.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when driving the 15 passenger vans. Since they extend out past the rear wheel base, they do not handle well. They are also top heavy and heaven forbid you need to swerve on the road to avoid hitting something, they do easily flip over. This was reported on the news. (20/20 or Primetime) They did extensive testing on them and found that they are not safe.

CommunicoreBabe

Original Poster
8 passenger van

Emmagata,

Do you know if the insurance snafu is the same for an 8 passenger van. I have reserved on of these with Specialty
Van rentals for about 350 (minus insurance). How do you
know what sizes aren't covered. Did specialty vans tell you
that or your insurance company? Thanks so much for the
response

Only 26 days to go!!!!

Jen

emmagata

Re: 8 passenger van

Originally posted by CommunicoreBabe
Emmagata,

Do you know if the insurance snafu is the same for an 8 passenger van. I have reserved on of these with Specialty
Van rentals for about 350 (minus insurance). How do you
know what sizes aren't covered. Did specialty vans tell you
that or your insurance company? Thanks so much for the
response

Only 26 days to go!!!!

Jen

I think the 8 passenger van is a Chevy Astro which should be considered the same as a Caravan.

I have not actually checked with my auto insurance company yet to see what/if they cover but both of my credit card pamphlets state that they don't cover vans that are built on a truck chassis that carry over either 8 or 12 people. I think they consider those more like a mini bus.

It would be worthwhile to check with your insurer and CC company to see what's covered (or not).

emmagata

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
Please be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when driving the 15 passenger vans. Since they extend out past the rear wheel base, they do not handle well. They are also top heavy and heaven forbid you need to swerve on the road to avoid hitting something, they do easily flip over. This was reported on the news. (20/20 or Primetime) They did extensive testing on them and found that they are not safe.

That's why they call it a Dodge RAM!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom