Anyone ever stay at the Westgate Vacation Villas?

zachrupertdsn

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed at this site, and what the experience was like.

The most promising thing I have read is that it is only a mile from WDW!

Thanks All

zeenash

Once we checked in everything was perfect. Large rooms oversized kitchen and living room. Beautiful views and plenty of pools. We asked for extra keys at checkin and some of them did not work but it was no problem, we just exchanged them the next time we were near the desk. They supplied all of our basic things, plenty of towels, paper towels dish detergent, laundry detergent etc. Room service did not replenish the supplies during our stay but I just asked them for extras when needed. Coffee for example we stayed for four days and they only left one bag, sorry but i need my morning coffee but again I just had to ask for more. I would stay here again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I have not stayed there there claim of being only one mile from Disney is a little misleading. While they are about a mile from the edge of property the driving route to the closest park (AK) is around 3 miles, DHS is around 5 miles, Epcot comes in at 6.5 miles and MK is is the farthest away at almost 8 miles.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
While I have not stayed there there claim of being only one mile from Disney is a little misleading. While they are about a mile from the edge of property the driving route to the closest park (AK) is around 3 miles, DHS is around 5 miles, Epcot comes in at 6.5 miles and MK is is the farthest away at almost 8 miles.

Right. When they say one mile it's usually that distance to the "Main Gate" for WDW.....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Right. When they say one mile it's usually that distance to the "Main Gate" for WDW.....
I'll never forget a place that I stayed back in 1990 (before the days of Mapquest and the like) that was "minutes" from WDW. The left out the part that it was around 45 of those "minutes"

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'll never forget a place that I stayed back in 1990 (before the days of Mapquest and the like) that was "minutes" from WDW. The left out the part that it was around 45 of those "minutes"

The last house we stayed at was well west of the parks, where 192 meets that other route (forgot the number) running N-S. They advertised themselves as being 10 minutes from the parks. We joked that they must have meant the neighborhood park, because that trip was G#d-awful by the end of our stay.:hammer:

zachrupertdsn

Original Poster
Not bad mileage

The distance doesn’t sound too bad, I have stayed a lot farther away anyways. Thanks all for the insight!

We will be staying there for our 9th time in January and we love it there!

They have added a lot, and most of the new rooms are in towers, but when you get there you have to ask for one of the older condos. These are great: 1 bedroom with king bed, 1 bedroom with 2 twins, 3 baths, full kitchen, dining area, living area, share a washer and dryer with one other room, screened in porch on lake. We LOVE it.

It is actually about 10 minutes from the World, not too bad. We always get a rental car so we can get groceries (although they do have a little convineance store on property, and a pizza place), go to the beach, and go to Universal. Really resonably priced and you don't have to sit through the time share thing!

I would reccomend it!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
BUMP!!!

Bumping a 3 year old thread, that's how I roll.

Just curious if there are any new experiences on the Westgate Vacation Villas. I just found out that for our upcoming trip in November, where we are meeting a decently large group of family members in Orlando, we're staying at the Westgate Vacation Villas. Looking at their website, the place looks great, but of course, why would they advertise any issues on their website? I'll be popping on sites like Trip Advisor to look through reviews and tips, but figured there might be folks out there with experience at this place. We've not stayed off-site in a long time, so I'm looking to see what people think.

RyenDeckard

I'll be staying here next week, I'll give you guys an update. My family has owned for almost 20 years there and it hasn't always been pleasant.

6laurac

We stayed may 4-11 and the rooms were great but the timeshare sell was harsh and ugly. Took 15 minutes to get to WD next time we will stay on property

TamaraQT

I am a timeshare member of Westgate. My ownership week is at Westgate Lakes in Orlando. However, I do prefer the Westgate Property in Kissimmee. The Westgate in Kissimmee has 3 parts. There is Westgate Town Center(hi-rise units), then the Villas (2 story units) and Westgate Towers (High Rise Units). I prefer Westgate Town Center which are the newest units on the property. The grounds are very well maintained but some of the units could use some work and updating. We stayed in the Villas once and it was a good experience. We had a 2 bedroom unit with a loft in the QQQ building. King Bed in Master Bedroom, 2 twin beds in 2nd bedroom. There are stairs in the unit that lead to 2nd floor loft which has 2 twin beds and TV, nightstand and closet. The loft has no privacy since it overlooks the living room. Then there is a nice size patio/balcony. The Villas are older units. They were the first units built on property by Westgate. However, I must say, the style of the room showed its age, but it was very clean and well maintained. It is perfect for a family with 4 or more kids. It sleeps 8 people comfortably because the sofa pulls out into a bed for 2 more people.

Now Westgate has ALOT of activities on property for kids, teens and adults. You could easily spend your entire vacation on property and it will not disappoint. They even have a small movie theater in the main building. There are 14 pools on property. There is an activity center for the kids. At the time my boys were young adults/late teens. They found plenty to do and had a FABULOUS time. The resort grounds are safe and I didn't worry. The one year I had Universal Studio passes for 7 days. My boys wanted to go to Universal in the mornings and be back to Westgate early afternoon in time for all the activities and meet up with their new friends. WOW is all I can say.

All that being said, I would stay at Westgate anytime. I would not recommend the timeshare presentation. I hear it can be BRUTAL. We went to an update meeting once and it was about trying to get us to upgrade, so just a sales pitch too. After 15 minutes I told them I do not come all the way to Florida to spend my time listening to a sales pitch, then got up and left. It wasn't rude. What was rude is their nerve to think I came there to listen to that. Oh well, the point is, I enjoy Westgate. Been a timeshare member since 2008. Yes, they have their issues at times, but all in all, I enjoy it there.

Zipadeelady

I was just thinking of going to a presentation for a time share at westgate because they offered us 3 nights with 1 day tickets to Disney for $139. They told us he presentation was 90 minutes. You guys are starting to scare me. How brutal is it going to be? Momma told me to just stick to my guns and tell them no.

6laurac

I was just thinking of going to a presentation for a time share at westgate because they offered us 3 nights with 1 day tickets to Disney for $139. They told us he presentation was 90 minutes. You guys are starting to scare me. How brutal is it going to be? Momma told me to just stick to my guns and tell them no.

I'm not trying to scare you, just be prepared to say no no no when the sales guy starts getting pushy and you realize like I did that the room was cheap because they are trying to get a bigger sale at the end. The room was great but the sales presentation was ugly. I won't do it again. Stay at lake bueana vista suites if you need a suite, may be more but no hassles to mess up a morning.

Zipadeelady

I'm not trying to scare you, just be prepared to say no no no when the sales guy starts getting pushy and you realize like I did that the room was cheap because they are trying to get a bigger sale at the end. The room was great but the sales presentation was ugly. I won't do it again. Stay at lake bueana vista suites if you need a suite, may be more but no hassles to mess up a morning.
After the presentation did they continue to bother you with phone calls or charge your credit card with "damages" you caused. These are something's I'm worried about. I know the presentations going to suck but I'm thinking that 3 hours one morning can't ruin my 3 day trip. Am I delusional?

6laurac

I ha
After the presentation did they continue to bother you with phone calls or charge your credit card with "damages" you caused. These are something's I'm worried about. I know the presentations going to suck but I'm thinking that 3 hours one morning can't ruin my 3 day trip. Am I delusional?

We had to sign an agreement that we will not participate in a special time share offer from them and they were pretty blunt but no calls after the push. Just be really sure you want to go at the specified date to vacation there as you won't be able to change it. Good luck if you do it!

LithiumBill

We had a HORRIBLE visit there Christmas 2012. The two units we had were disgustingly dirty (found two dead roaches in the kitchen sink). The rooms themselves were yellowing and looks dingy. The service was terrible, not one person spoke english, and were unable to help us. We needed to replace the chairs at the counters because they were broken, and to top it off - there was no parking! Granted it ws the busiest season of the year, but we would come back from closing the MK out at 1-2am, and there would be ZERO parking anywhere. I would have to drop my family of, go to the main desk, and have them find me someplace (along with about 50 other angry dads)... and then someone would drive me back in a golf cart at 2am... and in the morning, I would have to hike to my car.

We would never stay there again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom