Anyone ever paid for another family to go to WDW?

Kristamouse

Yes but we really can't afford it now. A family we know and love lost ther home to a fire followed by a job loss. They still manage to Voulenteers at church, donate to various food/coat/etc drives and never ever complain. My husband and I just said a few as ago we would send them if we could. We discussed a check (amount based on research of on property rates, food plan and tickets) with a note saying what an inspiration they are to our family (no names mentioned) and to go to WDW and call ths KK number to book...
I would also think a travel agent could book for them and charge your account

PrincessNelly_NJ

Wow, how nice of you and your wife!
I've never paid for another family to go but I have surprised my sister with a trip. I guess if you know that family, maybe you could purchase Disney Gift cards, airline gift cards/gas gift cards and maybe enclose them in a note explaining that you wish you send them on a trip to Disney.
I wouldn't pick dates because they may not be able to go at the times you picked.

Weather_Lady

It's a lovely idea.

In order to make it work, I think you'd need some sort of intermediary (such as a travel agent you know and trust) who is willing to be the "fairy godmother" and communicate/iron out the details of the trip with the family, on your behalf. Also, a TA could give you advice on other aspects of the trip (e.g., how to procure travel insurance for the trip when you are not one of the people going).

mitchk

My wife and I payed for my mother and sister to go back in 2012. We got them tickets, a room, and dinning plan. It was my lil girls first trip, she was 1 1/2 at the time, so they helped with her. Although my sister said she will never go to Disney World with me again. She didn't understand all the running around. We were testing the fp+ at the time, and I had made dinning plans for every day, plus we could still get reg. fp's, so I'm running like a nut to Toy Story, Sorian, Splash...ect. I know she would go back with us.......if we paid for her again lol .

kasey1988

That's so nice of you! We hope to be able to take my mother in law someday and my mom , my mom has been before but my mother in law has not. It will be a few years but it is definitely something we plan to do, maybe once we have children :)

Rogue21

We took my parents in 2012. They had never even been on a plane. We knew it was a once in a lifetime trip for them, and it was the least we could do for everything they've done of us.

Same thing for me. I took my parents in 2010 for their first ever trip to WDW. At the tender young age of 70 to boot. They loved it so much I've taken them back two more times with another trip planned for 2015.

For me, the older they get, the more special each and every trip becomes.

Britt

That is sooooo awesome! I can't imagine getting a surprise like that!

I love the idea of a travel agent being a "go-between' and doing the communication for you, who can keep it strictly anon! :)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I have taken many members of my family and also so friends on trips with me to Walt Disney World. Never paid for one for someone that I did not go with them.

Britt

I have taken many members of my family and also so friends on trips with me to Walt Disney World. Never paid for one for someone that I did not go with them.
Yes, this. We paid for my MIL to go with us in 2011! Paid for her ticket, plane, food and resort. She took care of the tips at places we ate at :) She loved it and we loved spending time with her!

Richards070712

Original Poster
We plan on taking a week long trip and two long weekend trips a year, and we have been blessed so far to be able to do that. I figure if we cut the two long weekends out, we could afford to set them up at the All Star for a week with tickets and dining plan. This will be a few years down the road as we just had our first child a couple of months ago, but I was just curious to see if anyone else had done this or thought about it.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We plan on taking a week long trip and two long weekend trips a year, and we have been blessed so far to be able to do that. I figure if we cut the two long weekends out, we could afford to set them up at the All Star for a week with tickets and dining plan. This will be a few years down the road as we just had our first child a couple of months ago, but I was just curious to see if anyone else had done this or thought about it.

You could also try looking at dvc point rentals. If you wanted to have them stay somewhere else but not fork over a ton to upgrade them LOL.

EOD K9

I took my parents and in-laws a few years ago as a Christmas gift (not at Xmas however). This past Xmas I printed up a certificate and gave it to my in-laws to use at HHI.

HRHPrincessAriel

No, but I've had a kids trip paid for by a parents co worker.

I take my dance team every 2-3 years. I had a girl last time that apparently wasn't going to be able to go. The go worker had heard the mom talking about it. She found out my work email and asked me to call her. She said she thought the world of this mom and wanted to make this happen for the girl(that she didn't even know)! She wanted me to keep it a secret about who.

O.m.g. The mom about died when she found out. Just kept crying and hugging me like I paid ;-) the mom had me send 2 thank you notes she wrote. It was a great feeling to be the the messenger.

prfctlyximprct

If I ever am able to purchase a Disney trip for a family, I most definitley will. Thank you for being an inspiration, and reminding me there are amazing, good-hearted people in this world. I swear sometimes, the people who love Disney are truly wonderful human beings.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom