anyone ever get compped free fast passes?

skypilot2922

We got some when we had a ADR at tonys and we needed to activate our AP voucher before entering the park, This turned into a circus something that should have taken 10 minutes tops took over 2 hours with multiple system reboots etc, And yes we missed the ADR with rest of family who was staying with us but they just had 7 day hoppers.

StarWarsGirl

Yeah, a bunch of times. Most recently was because Frozen broke down and they gave everyone who was waiting in the building a FP (which since this was post covid, you entered via alternative access).

Heppenheimer

I don't know the reason, but back in 2008 in Animal Kingdom, I and a few other guests were handed fast passes for each attraction in the park. I just happened to be walking through the animal trail in the Asia section soon after the park opened.

KTK

One year (2010 or so) we had reservations for dinner at Mama Melrose and they were running behind. We could no longer wait so when I told the staff, the manager told me to come outside with him. He basically asked me what do I want. He gave us passes to Toy Story and Fantasmic. Another time we were given an extra fast pass per day for 4 days by cast member at the Ploynesian due to Monorail breakdown.

Jon81uk

Also on Frozen Ever After, waited in line for over an hour then it broke down and they evacuated the line giving everyone a return pass on the way out.
Used it a few days later to ride Frozen Ever After via the FP line.

Had an electronic one at Disneyland when Indiana Jones broke down when we had an FP for it. Managed to use it when the ride came back up.

Hcalvert

My mom got free fastpasses and 1 day tickets once in 2004 when we went together after I graduated from college. She is an OG Karen, so she probably didn't really deserve them IMHO. She just complains to complain. I cannot remember exactly why she was complaining in this incidence, but I do remember being embarrassed. I don't go with her to the parks anymore.

lightguy

Yea, Last month. We were on Winnie the Pooh and it broke down so they gave us MDE fast passes. Good on any ride except 7DMT and had to be used that day. We used them later that day on Space Mountain but they didn't show up in MDE (I'm not sure the cast member really knew what they were doing, or maybe they were off line, because they couldn't find them for the people in front of us either). Luckily when we explained it, they were aware that Winne the Pooh had gone down earlier and the Supervisor just came over and did something on a tablet to give us the passes.

vikescaper

Happened to me several times. The first time I can remember was on Test Track after the ride broke down just when we got back to load/unload. It has happened to me most frequently on the Peoplemover.

mikeanabean

Yes, a couple of time actually . The most recent one was when our room was ”SWATed” @3am. That was a very scary experience The manager gave us tickets and ultimate fast passes for the next day.

crawale

for like having to evacuate a ride?
A few years ago we were at the Boardwalk and while we were out the sprinkler system turned on and soaked out room. We were moved, comped our Cinderella dinner we had just returned from and got passes to any ride any time. As it was Thanksgiving we really liked that. We were in a villa and the water only soaked the kitchen and eating area so no damage to our things occurred.
More recently RoR stopped within walking distance of the exit and we were comped passes for that even though we had finished the ride.

I have been handed Free Fast Passes (Printed Card based) in the past. Not sure why, it is usually just out of the blue. I think they are tracking me with the RFID chip in the Magicband because they addressed with my name. I also received emails with Fast Passes for all the Magic Kingdom Mountains which was really neat idea.

HonorableMention

I’ve gotten a couple pre-COVID for ride related issues

The first one we didn’t really deserve but were glad to receive. My group had been waiting in the Dinosaur standby for ~10 minutes before the ride ultimately shut down and had to reset. The CM’s ushered Fastpass and Standby to the exit and gave everyone an any-ride fastpass (this was right before Pandora opened)

Once I went on Spaceship Earth and there was an ear-piercing mechanical issue in the car behind us the entire ride. We went to guest services to let them know about the issue and they offered a free fastpass

Thumbelina

I got two stories! I got paper fast passes for getting evaced from Buzz and my fiance got two for having a cool tshirt! Those are the only two I can remember off the top of my head

Raxel7851

We were on the Ferry Boat going from TTC to MK and it broke down and started drifting. I never saw so many small boats with mechanics on them. It didn’t take long until they got it running again. On our way off, a CM scanned our Magic Bands to give us 2 additional FP’s.

Dreaming of Disney World

We got one free fast pass each when we were on Winnie the Pooh, which broke down. After the ride stopped everyone had to evacuate, and for some reason our vehicle's doors would not open. We could have jumped over the top, but a few cast members came over and managed to pry the door open. We walked through the ride and were given a free paper fast pass at the exit.

bubbles1812

Quite a few times. Off the top of my head: Getting stuck on the People Mover, getting stuck on the People Mover… again… 🤔 Getting stuck on Living with the Land. Getting stuck on ROR. Those issues got me 1-2, depending on what happened/length of the wait to get us off.

Disney’s glitchy system wiping all my fast passes one day. Got 4 multi pass ones off that.

Disney’s glitchy system wiping out my Illuminations FP for the viewing area … I was at Disney specifically to say goodbye to Illuminations that weekend and was so upset at the loss of the pass. They gave me 2 multi pass ones as a comp, though I sadly couldn’t use for the viewing area. I got another crack at it the next night though so it worked out.

There’s probably a few scattershot incidents I’m not remembering but those are the ones I can recall. Most of those I mentioned have happened in the last 3-4 years.

EDIT: And today! Cause Disney’s glitchy system logged me in and out 12 times in a row while trying to pick up my first Genie+ ride. I never complain but that was frustrating. We showed the rep at Guest Services all 12 emails of passcodes from 7:00-7:08 am.🤨

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom