Anyone ever book something because of hype and then cancel because you just don't care?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I just cancelled a FOP fastpass because my sister and I REALLY don't care if we go on it.
We only got it because "its the best ride in Disney World" but then we came to our senses and cancelled.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
How do you know if its going to be any good until you have ridden it?

Well...
-We don't care for Avatar
-We don't like that type of seating
-We watched the video and are not impressed (yes I know videos don't give you the full experience but it gives you an idea of the attraction)
-I cannot see in 3D
-My sister get terrible motion sickness
-And we just really couldn't care less about the ride

To us it just didn't make sense to wait around for a fastpass at a park that we don't like too many attractions.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Glad you cancelled something you arent going to use so its available for somebody else, especially for something that is so popular as FoP. Ive never booked anything unless I was intending on using it. Thats been one problem in the past when people for instance booked a dining reservation because they didnt know exactly what they wanted but booked it so they had it. That locked out somebody else. Too many people take up FP+ they dont really want or intend to use because they feel they have to make the choice, any choice to fill up their 3 choices.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Glad you cancelled something you arent going to use so its available for somebody else, especially for something that is so popular as FoP. Ive never booked anything unless I was intending on using it. Thats been one problem in the past when people for instance booked a dining reservation because they didnt know exactly what they wanted but booked it so they had it. That locked out somebody else. Too many people take up FP+ they dont really want or intend to use because they feel they have to make the choice, any choice to fill up their 3 choices.
I intended to use it. I do not book things I do not intend to use. I cancelled because we decided not to do it. Not because we "needed to get a 3rd fastpass"

Upvote 0

wombat

Well...
-We watched the video and are not impressed (yes I know videos don't give you the full experience but it gives you an idea of the attraction)
-I cannot see in 3D

To us it just didn't make sense to wait around for a fastpass at a park that we don't like too many attractions.
Looking at the list of things you don't like. Why did you book it in the first place?

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Well...
-I cannot see in 3D

If you cannot see in 3D and suffer terribly from motion sickness then why book this in the first place ?

Upvote 0

awoogala

I hate the avatar movie, I can't do traditional 3d (migraines, motion sickness, etc. ), I'm too "fluffy" at the moment and panic about enclosed spaces (and the fact that they are a tighter squeeze for certain body types). I LOVE the avatar ride, though.Love it. it's just fun,and innovative with the sensations, etc.
But I've only done it with fp, I'd never wait for it.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I hate the avatar movie, I can't do traditional 3d (migraines, motion sickness, etc. ), I'm too "fluffy" at the moment and panic about enclosed spaces (and the fact that they are a tighter squeeze for certain body types). I LOVE the avatar ride, though.Love it. it's just fun,and innovative with the sensations, etc.
But I've only done it with fp, I'd never wait for it.
I have trouble seeing 3D, this one was not as bad, none of us are avatar fans but all agreed it was the best ride

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Looking at the list of things you don't like. Why did you book it in the first place?
If you cannot see in 3D and suffer terribly from motion sickness then why book this in the first place ?

I thought I had made it pretty clear in my first post the reason why.... the hype.
Heck you can see it in this thread... it doesn't matter if you don't like the movie, it doesn't matter if you get motion sickness etc its worth going on and I "LOVE" it.
But then we came to our senses that it DOES matter in our opinion and we know what we like and we can usually predict correctly what we will not care for so we cancelled.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
I thought I had made it pretty clear in my first post the reason why.... the hype.
Heck you can see it in this thread... it doesn't matter if you don't like the movie, it doesn't matter if you get motion sickness etc its worth going on and I "LOVE" it.
But then we came to our senses that it DOES matter in our opinion and we know what we like and we can usually predict correctly what we will not care for so we cancelled.
Regardless of the HYPE . Why book something you know you won't have a good time on in the first place.
People raved about MS when it debuted. Not the sort of ride I could cope with so have never been on it. Not every ride is for everyone.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Regardless of the HYPE . Why book something you know you won't have a good time on in the first place.
People raved about MS when it debuted. Not the sort of ride I could cope with so have never been on it. Not every ride is for everyone.

Again.... we usually DO base what we ride on our own opinions.
It can be difficult sometimes when everyone and their mother recommends something and you give them your reasons for why you do not want to do it and then they dismiss all of your reasons and insist you will like it in spite of those reasons.
Peer pressure does not end once you reach adulthood lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Again.... we usually DO base what we ride on our own opinions.
It can be difficult sometimes when everyone and their mother recommends something and you give them your reasons for why you do not want to do it and then they dismiss all of your reasons and insist you will like it in spite of those reasons.
Peer pressure does not end once you reach adulthood lol.
As an adult if people can't respect my physical limitations then they are soon out of my life. You are the only one who is responsible for your decisions. Blaming others that "made you do it" seems wrong to me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom