Anyone else unhappy with Polynesian?

PoohB

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a change at the Poly lately. My family has been staying there for about 10 years straight(yeah I know that's pathetic) because we love the atmosphere. This year we were not able to go, but some of my family just got back and they said that the Poly has gone down considerably as far as service and cleanliness. My mom said that it didn't look like they vaccumed the whole time they were there(5 days) and there was a big spot of bird droppings on the window that they asked if anyone could clean. Of course no one ever did. She also said housekeeping was just rude. I know these seem like stupid things to some people, but when you pay $300 a night, you hold them to a higher standard. We are actually thinking of switching for the first time next year to a new hotel. Just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Scooter

My only problem with The Polynesian resort is that the price for staying there is becoming almost out of my reach.

I've stayed there 3 times and when I went to check prices last week I was shocked.

This resort is fast becoming the most popular resot on property because of its Monorail accesibility and it's theming.

Disney knows this so they keep raising it's prices to stay there.

It's kind of sad really, you stay somewhere nice, tell your friends all about it and so they want to stay there, which makes it so popular that the prices get raised so high that I can't afford to stay there anymore. :(

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Scooter, I know exactly how you feel. The Poly used to be my favourite resort, and I stayed there so many times... Now I don't think that I'm going to be able to stay there until I make partner!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

Edeyore said:
Usually I would agree with you, but the last time I stayed at the Polynesian
I was a little less than impressed. (considering the price to stay.) On rooms
that are cleaned each day, there were cob webs in the corners of the room
and over the curtains. I dropped my keys on the floor and went to get them
and found a beer can, on the floor, under the spread on the bed. Considering
the beds were on a block, and things can not roll under them this was a bit
disturbing. Finally, I know it is Florida, but finding Palmetto bugs in the bathroom is gross.

Wow, that's gross. I would def. give you a few free nights. I hope you complained!

Upvote 0

PoohB

Original Poster
Sorry I started this thread and then disappeared for awhile, my daughter had her tonsils out and I got sidetracked. Anyway, they did complain to the management before they left but were not offered anything. Also, after they complained, the maid came and knocked on the door and asked what she did wrong because she didn't think there was a problem. The maid had been asked to fix those things and didn't but then she acted like she had no idea.
Like I said we have always stayed there, for about 10 years straight and this was the first year there was a problem. However, I just wonder if this is going to be a trend, you know?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom