Anyone else love Jellyroll?

Figment25

Original Poster
For the past couple of years, my family and I make it a point to go to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk at least once a trip, I love the entertainment ( esp Scotty and Ray). I was wondering if anyone else found this a must see when visiting WDW and share any good stories. I know the last time we were there my husband had requested Jerry Lee Lewis' "Whole lot a shakin" and they made him get on the stage b/w the two pianos and shake it for the whole song, we could not stop laughing the whole time!!
We leave in 10 days and staying at the BCV I know we will be spending many a nights at the piano bar.

rainfully

I went once... wasn't too thrilled. Drinks were way too expensive. The atmosphere and drink specials are much better at Howl at the Moon, IMOHO.

But I know a lot of people love the place.

Bug715

Just curious, where is this howl at the moon?

They are all over the country. I know that there is one in Orlando (not sure where exactly), Louisville, KY (4th Street Live), and Chicago (Hubbard and State Street). They have a website.

I love Jellyrolls. We continued my 21st Birthday there after drinking around the world. I didn't get a drink (I'd had more than enough that day) but it is Disney and the drinks do cost more there. One thing that I love about Jellyrolls that Howl at the Moon doesn't have is free popcorn and playing random jingles and disney songs.

Atlantic City Dance Hall is fun (we went there after Jellyrolls on my bday) and hopefully more people will go there since PI is closed. There were only 6 people in there and my group had 4 in it. But since that's the only club left on property my friend and I are going not this saturday but the next when I'm down!

Unplugged

I went there once and left with intentions not to return. I don't know what the smoking policy is now, but when I went the smoke was thick and was horrible (and we were near the door). Lots of cigar smokers that night. It was as if everyone on Disney property that needed their fix went there at the same time. :hurl:

The pianists may have been off that night as well. I've been to many dueling piano bars and this was so so at best. I wouldn't even rank them as high as those on 6th Street in Austin who can actually be pretty decent depending on who's playing. :lookaroun

Sorry folks. I know some of you like it and many may have better experiences then we had. I'm open minded, try lot's of things, and can deal with smoke in bars to a limited extent in the name of entertainment, but my experience was bad enough to write it off the list.

IMHO, it's hard to believe they closed AC & CW at "The Island formerly Known as Pleasure" but leave places like this open. Must be because it's a 3rd party lease and the drinks are overpriced enough to generate revenue. I know it's not because of the quality.

k.hunter30

I went once... wasn't too thrilled. Drinks were way too expensive. The atmosphere and drink specials are much better at Howl at the Moon, IMOHO.

But I know a lot of people love the place.
I agree -- the Howl at the Moons that we've been to have been more fun. Though I had a great time at Jellyrolls nonetheless. For on-property nightlife, we'd definitely go back. :)

We went there once a couple of years ago. My husband and I were with a co-worker of his and his wife so I wasn't looking to "tie one on". The waitress kept pushing me for another drink, which I didn't want.

This place is a "sing-along", right? At one point, one of the piano players looked over at me and asked, "Are you harmonizing with me?" Apparently, he didn't like it.

All in all, it felt like a place where you go to get drunk and be silly. I haven't gone back.

k.hunter30

We went there once a couple of years ago. My husband and I were with a co-worker of his and his wife so I wasn't looking to "tie one on". The waitress kept pushing me for another drink, which I didn't want.

This place is a "sing-along", right? At one point, one of the piano players looked over at me and asked, "Are you harmonizing with me?" Apparently, he didn't like it.

All in all, it felt like a place where you go to get drunk and be silly. I haven't gone back.
Neither DH nor I ordered alcohol when we went. Our waitress seemed fine filling up our diet cokes and bringing us popcorn. :shrug:

BuzzComplexCM

IMHO, it's hard to believe they closed AC & CW at "The Island formerly Known as Pleasure" but leave places like this open. Must be because it's a 3rd party lease and the drinks are overpriced enough to generate revenue. I know it's not because of the quality.

I cannot believe that people prefer AC and CW to Jellyrolls. No offense, but the quality of entertainment at CW went down way fast. I remember going to the later shows, not that long ago, and no one in the audience was participating. It was pretty pathetic. As far as the AC goes, it was good until they announced the closing. Once that happened, everyone came out of the woodwork and it became too cult-ish.

Jellyrolls is definetly going to benefit from the closing of PI. As far as smoking goes, it's about time that they have a place. I know they always allowed smoking, but it's good to see that they didn't change this place with the rest of the resort. Too many people complain about being in smokey environments, oh well.

Bug715

I cannot believe that people prefer AC and CW to Jellyrolls. No offense, but the quality of entertainment at CW went down way fast. I remember going to the later shows, not that long ago, and no one in the audience was participating. It was pretty pathetic. As far as the AC goes, it was good until they announced the closing. Once that happened, everyone came out of the woodwork and it became too cult-ish.

Jellyrolls is definetly going to benefit from the closing of PI. As far as smoking goes, it's about time that they have a place. I know they always allowed smoking, but it's good to see that they didn't change this place with the rest of the resort. Too many people complain about being in smokey environments, oh well.

I don't think you can smoke in there due to the smoking laws. I don't know Flordia's too well but I don't think anyone was smoking in there the night I was there but I could be wrong (i'd been around the world...) I sorta hope that you can't in there cause if I ever go in and its too smokey I'll walk out. I'm fine with my friends smoking and such I just don't like to sit in a smokey room.

BuzzComplexCM

You can smoke in Jellyrolls. I was just there the other night. They have always been a smoking permitted establishment. In fact, Jellyrolls and Fuengo (Cigar bar on PI) are the only places where one can smoke at a bar anymore.

hemloc

Jellyrolls is hardly original, or entertaining... Howl at the Moon, in it's many locations(Beach Place down here), has been much more fun from day 1. I doubt Jellyrolls will be around much longer given the current mindset in WDW management, which will be a good thing...

Oh and AC was unbelievably preferable to Jellyrolls, even on slow nights...

BuzzComplexCM

Jellyrolls is hardly original, or entertaining... Howl at the Moon, in it's many locations(Beach Place down here), has been much more fun from day 1. I doubt Jellyrolls will be around much longer given the current mindset in WDW management, which will be a good thing...

Oh and AC was unbelievably preferable to Jellyrolls, even on slow nights...

First of all, never compared JR to Howl. Since I have never been to Howl I cannot compare the two.

As far as JR not being entertaining, it all depends on the crowd and the performers. Many ntimes I have left JR exhausted from fun and other times I was glad to go there and be one of only thirty in the place.

I was simply stating that the quality of shows at the CW declined. You have to admit, it's pretty bad when you go to an improve show, purley based on audience participation, and the performers cannot get the crowd into it. As far as AC goes, like CW, one can say that comparing those two to JR is like apples to oranges.

As far as JR being original goes, let's face it there are many sing along piano bars in this nation, so it's hard to be original when there are already so many.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom