Anyone else having trouble with Visitors Toll Pass app from Central Fla Expressway Authority?

ArmoredRodent

Original Poster
UPDATE: I was able (finally!) to get the VTP app to accept data and have now registered for the Visitors Toll Pass. Looking forward to visiting the CFEA vending machines after midnight when my flight arrives at MCO.
Cute GIF by Disney

Thanks for all the comments.

brettf22

Premium Member
Two caveats from my trip two weeks ago. First, there appears to be only one place to pick up the Visitor Toll tags (only in Terminal A). I picked up my tag, and went out to the pick up my rental car (express pickup, right outside the door from the tag pickup area). However, since I flew in to Terminal B, my rental car was ready in Terminal B. This wasn’t a big deal, and the rental car agent was able to get me a car at A, but it could be a problem if it’s busy and you’re expecting to use a rental car express pickup.

Also, when I picked up my tag, there were two Visitor Toll Pass employees stationed by the tag vending machine (which seems to defeat the purpose of an automated vending machine, but I digress…). They told me to hang the tag from the mirror, and that a rental car employee would take a picture of the car license plate, and that would connect the tag to the car plate. Well, the car rental folks took the picture, but it never made the connection with the tag. A couple of hours after I went through a toll plaza for the first time, the Visitor Tag folks did send me a text that the license plate was not connected to the rental car plates. So, I had to go into the app and put in the license plate number. Everything seemed to work out. Eventually the charges showed up on my Visitor Tag account, and my rental car company did not charge me. But next time I will make sure to put my own rental car plate number in to the app before leaving the airport.

Other than that, it was a lot easier than stopping and paying cash.

Smiley/OCD

What do you do if you are renting a car at MCO but you have an ez pass at home? Add your rental car to your account??
No you no longer need to register different cars...the tags are now registered to the person, so the tags are basically interchangeable between vehicles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom