Anyone else have a terrible DME baggage experience?

Jahona

I can't believe someone creates a screen name DME Disapoints Again just to come here and bash DME.

I totally just now paid attention to the username after you said that. I think after re-reading his post that the OP is trolling more than complaining. 4 Hours is kinda ok for DME. It's not meant to have your bags delivered immediately.

Betsyboo

I totally just now paid attention to the username after you said that. I think after re-reading his post that the OP is trolling more than complaining. 4 Hours is kinda ok for DME. It's not meant to have your bags delivered immediately.
I totally just thought the same thing. I never paid attention when I replied.

Jahona

School just got out for the summer too, so expect a lot more new users and a deluge of useless threads and posts.

Obligatory meme

A0Fy6K6.png

Rutt

I can't believe someone creates a screen name DME Disapoints Again just to come here and bash DME. I am seeing a lot of new members that seem to think this forum is a complaint dept. I understand that venting can make one feel better but if there is an issue with any part of a Disney vacation one should always complain to Disney. Complaining here will accomplish nothing.
Exactly, loving the 'Again' part.
From the Disney site (and also in my DME package, IIRC):
Luggage Delivery Service
This feature of Disney’s Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM daily. Your luggage will travel separately, and it may take up to 3 hours after you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel for your luggage to be delivered to your room. Please pack any valuables, medications or anything you need immediately upon your arrival in Orlando in a carry-on bag—and have your MagicBand with you and easily accessible at the airport and when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel. You do not need to be in your room to receive your luggage

The bolded is pretty common knowledge. We have used it every time, and our luggage has always arrived as expected. We usually pack swim trunks, a change of clothes and all valuables in the carry on expecting that (as mentioned), our bags may be delayed. Not having to pick up our bags at the airport and being able to go right to the resort is a wonderful thing.

I don't mind the complaints really, its a discussion forum. However, obvious troll is obvious.

Tigger 68

One year American Airlines severely damaged one of my bags. A hole was ripped in the corner of the bag large enough for a bowling ball to fall out. I had flown in first thing in the morning and hit the parks for the rest of the day. Since I used DME I didn't actually see my bag until I returned to my room that night. Either AA or DME used some packaging tape to patch up the hole and sent my bag on its way without reporting anything to anyone. By the time I got around to reporting it MCO/AA claimed since my bag left the grounds without being reported on site there was nothing they could do about it. I ended up fighting with AA for a few months on getting refunded for my damaged bag, checked bag fee, and missing items that fell out of the hole. In the end i received over $500 in AA money and a brand new (horrible quality) suitcase, but it was an awful experience to go through.

rob0519

I can't believe someone creates a screen name DME Disapoints Again just to come here and bash DME. I am seeing a lot of new members that seem to think this forum is a complaint dept. I understand that venting can make one feel better but if there is an issue with any part of a Disney vacation one should always complain to Disney. Complaining here will accomplish nothing.

Glad you said something, becuase I was going to. Whenever you travel, late or lost luggage is a possibility.I'ts unpleasant and annoying, but hardly worth making a fake UserID and calling a free service a sham. Get your own bags, rent a car, take a shuttle, there are at least 3 ways to have avoided the problem. I hope you didn't let it ruin your vacation.

75disney

We have used DME many times. We never had any problems with our bags magically arriving in our room within 2-3 hours of our arrival, except for our last trip. We were staying at CSR and landed at MCO about 3PM. When our bags still had not arrived by 9PM, my husband called. We were told they would be there soon. At 10:30, we called again. Told they were looking into it. Finally at 11:30, we were informed that our bags were still at the airport and they would be sent right over. In the meantime, they provided us with toiletries to get ready for bed and $50 to purchase pajamas in the gift shop (it was already closed). The kids slept in their clothes and our bags arrived around 12:30AM (over 9 hours from our landing). Normally, we always had a change of clothes and some basics with us, but we never had any problems before, the kids were getting older (less spills), and we were trying to travel light. I learned my lesson; I will always be prepared for that first night in the future.

BJones82

I learned my lesson; I will always be prepared for that first night in the future.

I had an experience this last trip where I didn't carry clothes or toiletries on and the airline actually ended up never tagging my bag so it never left the original airport lol, so I had a 5 day trip in WDW in April with a sweater and Jeans so I had to go to Walmart the next morning and buy everything... The airline did end up reimbursing my purchases though so that was nice at least :) Anyway, I also learned my lesson and will never again not carry on my toiletries and at least a days worth of clothing lol...

BigRedDad

4 hours is nothing. It didn't happen to us, but the airline lost half a family's luggage. Since they used DME, DME was working with the airline to locate and get compensation. It took 4 days to get their luggage. DME provided them with cards to go to the outlets to get clothes, transportation. Disney provided them some free items from the store at AKL.

The way I see DME is if you need it, bring it with you on a carryon or get your luggage yourself.

disneyfirstLJ

I have only been to Disney twice and both time I used DME for my bags. I did not have a problem either time. The first trip my bags arrived while we were at MK. The second trip the bags arrived shortly after we got checked in and were settling into the room. I was actually surprised how fast the bags arrived the second time. I always carry a change of clothing, a bathing suit and PJs in my carry on in case my bag gets lost at any point during the flight. It is a good habit to get into as bags get lost or mishandled all the time.

HollyAD

Never had an issue with DME. I have a problem with one person getting on wdwmagic to complain that they were inconvenienced one time by DME. How do we know that this wasn't the fault of MCO? This is also why you take a carry on with necessary items. I take a tooth brush, deodorant, small sunscreen, and bathing suit. All other items I can deal without for a little while. I take basic items no matter where I am flying to because you never know what is really happening to your bags behind the scenes.

graphite1326

we arrived about 7:00 PM one time. We wanted to go to bed early so we told the Bell service to hold our bags until morning. They didn't. A knock at the door at 11:00 woke us up and delivered our bags. It took them 4 hrs.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Exactly, loving the 'Again' part.
From the Disney site (and also in my DME package, IIRC):
Luggage Delivery Service
This feature of Disney’s Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM daily. Your luggage will travel separately, and it may take up to 3 hours after you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel for your luggage to be delivered to your room. Please pack any valuables, medications or anything you need immediately upon your arrival in Orlando in a carry-on bag—and have your MagicBand with you and easily accessible at the airport and when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel. You do not need to be in your room to receive your luggage

The bolded is pretty common knowledge. We have used it every time, and our luggage has always arrived as expected. We usually pack swim trunks, a change of clothes and all valuables in the carry on expecting that (as mentioned), our bags may be delayed. Not having to pick up our bags at the airport and being able to go right to the resort is a wonderful thing.

I don't mind the complaints really, its a discussion forum. However, obvious troll is obvious.
People seem to miss the part where it says "3 hours AFTER you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel". So if it takes you 1 1/2 hours to get to your resort, the luggage delivery could easily be 4 1/2 hours after you get to Orlando.

We use DME every time, and have never had an issue with it. Not every system is perfect every time, and it could easily be the airline's fault for the delay as well. We always have a carry-on with what we might need that first day.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Regardless of whether the OP was trolling or not, the topic is valid.
Well, yes and no. No system is perfect, so there are bound to be a small percentage of people that have problems, considering the millions of people that use the service each year. And the problems could be at the airport you took off from, the airline, the baggage handlers in Orlando, etc. It isn't always the fault of DME.

Rutt

We have used DME many times. We never had any problems with our bags magically arriving in our room within 2-3 hours of our arrival, except for our last trip. We were staying at CSR and landed at MCO about 3PM. When our bags still had not arrived by 9PM, my husband called. We were told they would be there soon. At 10:30, we called again. Told they were looking into it. Finally at 11:30, we were informed that our bags were still at the airport and they would be sent right over. In the meantime, they provided us with toiletries to get ready for bed and $50 to purchase pajamas in the gift shop (it was already closed). The kids slept in their clothes and our bags arrived around 12:30AM (over 9 hours from our landing). Normally, we always had a change of clothes and some basics with us, but we never had any problems before, the kids were getting older (less spills), and we were trying to travel light. I learned my lesson; I will always be prepared for that first night in the future.
Did they ever actually explain what happened? That's a pretty epic fail. Good on you for taking ownership on the toiletries thing, but I'm not sure $50 bucks would have placated me if it were actually a Disney issue lol.

Also, Murphy's law in full effect... That ONE time is of course the one time it happens.

harryk

Have used ME since it began every year. Last December was the only problem and it turned out not to be ME problem. Our bags had not shown up when we returned to our room at the BWV. We checked in at 1030 A.M. and returned to our rooms at 9:00 P.M. Only our carry-on luggage was in the room (which was ready when we checked in). We called the front desk and asked about our luggage and they told us it was delivered that afternoon. Turns out the Bell Service had delivered it to the wrong room and they were calling at the same time that they had someone else's luggage in their room. We had our luggage 10 minutes later. So - ME did their job -- Bell Service did not do their job. Mistakes do happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom