Anyone else get this feeling on Mission:Space?

nmj91385

the first time on it I had no problems, got off and went to mexico for tacos, when I went back the next yr and did it, I felt very ill for a good half hour. The third time I rode it, I felt queasy for about 10 minutes. I can't explian this, but this is how it worked for me.

MY_NAME_STITCH

I have been on M:S a few times and each of the times it felt like it was difficult to breathe. The reason for this is the G-forces pressing in on your chest. At times it can feel like a 200 pound football player is sitting on your chest.

I found that if I reminded myself to breathe during the launch sequence and take deep breaths, I was able to enjoy the ride.

I think that the reason that people have problems with the ride is out of ignorance. There are a plethora of warning signs about the intensity of the ride, but people are disregarding them thinking that nothing in an "amusement park" could hurt them. :brick:

I'm a father, and I don't care if my four year old is big enough to ride. I would not let my daughter on a ride that I hadn't scoped out first. This is why people get hurt, or, sadly in the case of M:S, killed.

righttrack

Its not a tightness, but its as if you have to "remember" to breathe. For some reason, I don't perceive myself breathing and have to remember to. Maybe that is why people experience the dizziness? Maybe the movement/excitement/pressure causes them to slow their breathing down too much.

hokielutz

MY_NAME_STITCH said:
I have been on M:S a few times and each of the times it felt like it was difficult to breathe. The reason for this is the G-forces pressing in on your chest. At times it can feel like a 200 pound football player is sitting on your chest.

I found that if I reminded myself to breathe during the launch sequence and take deep breaths, I was able to enjoy the ride.

Exactly the way I felt. I just revisited M:S on Memorial Day weekend and had not been on it since May 2004. I am an avid fan of M:S, but after that time off and the recent bad press, I was a tad anxious about riding. Anyway... I just reminded myself to breath once the countdown started and from then on everything else was fine. There was some pressure on my chest... but its just the normal effects of the ride.

Anway... it was fun and I look forward to hitting both versions again in two weeks! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom