Anyone else actually like DCA?

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
I've noticed a lot of textual displeasure with DCA on this forum. I miss Tower of Terror and the Superstar Limo too, but I still think this theme park is alright. While it's my opinion the revised attractions are typically not as good as the original versions, as the Penguin and Batman once said, things change. The park has a lot of nice atmosphere, more areas to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the resort and the Goofy ride, which simulates the feeling of being flung to your death from a high height.

Phroobar

giphy.gif

Jiggsawpuzzle35

I love DCA but miss going to that park when it was a Ghost Town in 2001. 5 minute waits or less for every attraction. Also I miss the food court in the Backlot.

Sue_Vongello

It was slowly becoming one of my top 3 favorite parks after Carsland opened. It seemed like everything was starting to click but then the TOT makeover kicked things off in a terrible direction. Pixar Pier and now Marvel Land ... now it’s not about California at all. What used to be a cool park that had lands that represented eras in California history now is going to be turned into another hodgepodge IP park.

It’s sad

Californian Elitist

I like DCA, for the most part. However I hate the turn folks at Disney have taken for this poor park.

I grew up with DCA, being only eight years-old at the time it opened. I was happy about the changes made for its 2012 rebirth and was honestly hopeful for its future, but not anymore. It’s sad because they were on a decent track for just a few, short years before Disney decided to ruin it.

Really sad and unfortunate.

TragicMike

When I had my AP, I loved going to DCA after hitting the heavy hitters at Disneyland. Something about getting a drink and walking around Cars Land at night was incredibly enjoyable. Plus I loved the wide open space at DCA, felt less claustrophobic.

SSG

DCA has a lot of enjoyable aspects. Some good rides, pleasant scenery, decent entertainment. Plus you can stroll around with a beer.

peter11435

Why is it hyperbole? That is my honest feelings towards the park. Just because my opinion isn’t shared with others does not make it hyperbole. Ghirardelli is my favorite thing at that park.
Saying changes ruined your favorite attractions is a valid opinion.

Saying Ghirardelli is your favorite thing there is a valid opinion.

Saying Ghirardelli is the parks only saving grace is hyperbole.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom