Anyone done "sunset safari"?

curt3333

Original Poster
Hi, I am new here! So glad to find out this website!

I was wondering that has anyone done the sunset safari program at DAKL? My next trip will be August 09, and I am so looking forward for my stay at DAKL. I heard the tour includes a backstage safari + fine dining at JIKO. Any suggestion? Thank you so much !!

palmage

It's really a treat to do it.
I think you still have to stay Concierge to do the safari.
They take you around the grounds of the resort, which is cool.
They stop at sunset and you toast with some "African" Koolaid.
The Jiko dinner is great, it's several courses each with it's own wine pairing.
The chef comes out and describes everything.

All in all it's really cool, and you don't have to get up so blasted early.

CAPTAIN HOOK

From Allears.net -

"Wanyama" (or Sunset) Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Guests at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom Villas can sign up for a very special evening called the "Wanyama" Safari. Up to 12 people ride in a specially designed van around the lodge's savannas! Learn about the animals and animal management at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The van stops and you get lots of photo opportunities of the animals and birds. An animal guide is on the van with you to offer information and answer questions.

Afterwards, you have a wonderful dining experience at Jiko.

The entire experience lasts about 3 hours.

Guests must be 8 years of age or older.

Guest Category (inc tax/gratuity) Adult (10+) Child (8&9)

Concierge Guest Prices $160 $80
Non- Concierge Guest Prices $210 $105

Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Event begins late afternoon.

curt3333

Original Poster
Oh Thank You so much guys! So much information that I don't know! I don't even know there is a website like allearsnet ! Fabulous!

And yes palmage I AM going to stay at the concierge level. From the informaiton CAPTAIN HOOK provides it seems that you don't necessarily have to stay at the concierge room to be able to book the tour. But after doing the math, I felt the I will have a better deal if I stay there. By the way the concierge service at DAKL is sooooo good that I have to get back and do it again this time! THE BEST concierge among all disney resorts.

Thank you agin!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom