Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Ayla

I still like ResortTV1. One of my favorites currently is is 4K WDW. This person does walkarounds and rides without any narrative. Sometimes, a little narrative is nice but no narrative allows the sounds to come through (ex. Queue music).
This may be weird, but one of my favorite things about Disney is the background noise. The music around the parks, the sounds of people, etc.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I just stumbled across a Tracker video where they were booked into two top tier rooms: the Royal Suite for the couple, and a 1 step down room for the nanny and the kid. I was curious so I priced it out. The 1 step down room starts at 10k, and the royal suite was listed as unavailable so I don't know the price, but I have to assume it's double at least. So 30k. For 4 nights. Almost makes the Star Wars hotel seem cheap.
I priced out right after I saw it. The Roy O Disney suite is 22k

Beacon Joe

I don't watch many. Everybody here seems to hate him, but I still enjoy Randomland every now and then. And some AllEars content. For both of those, I mostly enjoy their resort/room tour videos.

I wish the "gonna work on my gainz at Disney" bro made that sort of video a regular thing. It would help me keep my WDW Gyms thread up to date. :D

Skibum1970

I don't watch many. Everybody here seems to hate him, but I still enjoy Randomland every now and then. And some AllEars content. For both of those, I mostly enjoy their resort/room tour videos.

I wish the "gonna work on my gainz at Disney" bro made that sort of video a regular thing. It would help me keep my WDW Gyms thread up to date. :D

While I'm not sure about the new hair color, I like Molly from Allears and enjoy the challenges. They did transportation challenges that were entertaining (Epcot to Hollywood Studios by boat, walking, or Skyliner) and one that focused on getting from the MK to TTC by boat, monorail, or walking. I really enjoyed both, especially since, on the trip this past February, we walked from MK to our car in the MK parking lot since there was such a long line for the monorail and ferry. It was a bad idea. We hit 14 miles walking on that day and were quite tired. Plus, Allears tends to be pro-Disney but not too over-the-top. They will criticize some things and they will also go have fun at Universal.

Beacon Joe

While I'm not sure about the new hair color, I like Molly from Allears and enjoy the challenges. They did transportation challenges that were entertaining (Epcot to Hollywood Studios by boat, walking, or Skyliner) and one that focused on getting from the MK to TTC by boat, monorail, or walking. I really enjoyed both, especially since, on the trip this past February, we walked from MK to our car in the MK parking lot since there was such a long line for the monorail and ferry. It was a bad idea. We hit 14 miles walking on that day and were quite tired. Plus, Allears tends to be pro-Disney but not too over-the-top. They will criticize some things and they will also go have fun at Universal.

Yeah, their transportation games were actually really interesting and useful.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Solved the problem years ago. If you liked my comment be sure to like and subscribe!
Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

UpAllNight

I met Tim Tracker in Magic Kingdom this month & was impressed with the time he gave me & the effort he made in conversation.

My Favourite blogger is ThemeParkWorldwide, who covers Florida but not at same frequency, being UK based.

I think anyone who can make a living informing & exciting doing something they clearly love has hit the jackpot & should be commended.

TrainsOfDisney

I refuse to fund their lifestyles by watching their self indulgent, narcissistic videos bragging bout trips that only the rest of us can dream about and funded without doing a days hard graft.
So do you think those who are paid for marketing, content creation, video editing, and website design shouldn’t be paid?

What about travel writers / reporters for newspapers and magazines?

Diamond Dot

So do you think those who are paid for marketing, content creation, video editing, and website design shouldn’t be paid?

It's the content, travel writers tend to review and pass on useful tips. Most vloggers just post endless videos of themselves on rides, stuffing their faces with food and the same old content rehashed endlessly. You are just watching home movies with the vast majority of vloggers. Even DFB churns out endless rehashed videos these days, you see the same clips with a different voiceover for example.

Vegas Disney Fan

Whenever I see posts about not doing any work I alway wonder how many people have ever edited a video. My guess is most bloggers put in more than the 8 hours a day most of us work, especially since it’s a second job for most until they get a following. Tim Tracker did his blog for a decade while working a full time job during the day, he didn’t get successful overnight, same with Fresh Baked. They invested years into it before ever breaking even or seeing a cent of profit, now they are being rewarded for that work, that should be congratulated.

I understand being annoyed with some of the new Tic Toc stars who post unedited 15 second videos and make millions but vloggers put in a lot of work creating their content.

Sir_Cliff

If the vloggers are providing a service people want, I don't really have an issue with them getting paid for it. They're not exactly drugging people and harvesting their organs.

That said, not too long ago I came across a young Costa Rican vlogger who mainly travels around Central America as I have been thinking about going to Nicaragua this summer and one of his videos came up. I have watched a few of them now and, with my only prior experience of vlogging being the Disney vloggers, must say that it is very much night and day in terms of the effort this guy puts in. Whether going around Costa Rica or another country, he does research to give interesting historical background and the videos are very professionally edited.

I know they're covering very different topics, but it really did make me ponder how basically the only work required of Disney vloggers seems to be filming their visits to the parks, saying whatever comes into their heads mostly while eating things, and then editing it. I guess what else are they going to do to some extent as Disney parks aren't designed to be a daily experience, so beyond eating new things there isn't much that will change day to day, week to week.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

I know they're covering very different topics, but it really did make me ponder how basically the only work required of Disney vloggers seems to be filming their visits to the parks, saying whatever comes into their heads mostly while eating things, and then editing it.

As with all comparable media, not all vlogger-type content is the same. The quality can vary quite drastically from person to person.

It would be better to ask why Disney vloggers, specially, have such poor reputations.

Their content, attitude and public behavior is a large part of that IMO.

Animaniac93-98

I guess what else are they going to do to some extent as Disney parks aren't designed to be a daily experience, so beyond eating new things there isn't much that will change day to day, week to week.

Vloggers scrambling to find new things to cover and drive interest in their channels is a symptom of WDW's overall lack of frequent, new things worth talking about.

Had the technology existed at the time, it would have been far more exciting to watch these types of videos during the late 80s up until the opening of Animal Kingdom.

bhg469

Sure they should get paid
Vloggers scrambling to find new things to cover and drive interest in their channels is a symptom of WDW's overall lack of frequent, new things worth talking about.

Had the technology existed at the time, it would have been far more exciting to watch these types of videos during the late 80s up until the opening of Animal Kingdom.
Disney did a great job of marketing their stuff back then too. I really hope someday they do their own update series.. the perks they give some of the vloggers pretty much makes them Disney property anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom