Anyone Browsing The Forums on a Custom Build?

Scor1pion

Yeah I'm one of them too

ASRock Z97 Extreme 6
i5 4690k mildly OC'd
8 Gigs DDR3 2400mhz
Windows 8.1
256 GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
2tb WD sata 6
a pair of EVGA GTX 260's in SLI (Going to upgrade to EVGA 970 GTX)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Gigabyte MB
i7 3770k
120mm Cosair Radiator on the CPU
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Windows 8.1
256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD
Hitachi 1TB
(2) XFX Ghost 7700 in Crossfire
White NXTZ Phantom Case

I have an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard waiting to go in, but I am waiting for Windows 10 to launch so I do not have to buy a new version of 8.1 just to install it.

Jahona

For some reason this is the first time I've seen this post so sorry for the long time bump.

I'm about to dump the cash for a new build but am waiting till next spring when the latest nVidia cards are projected to release as well as hopefully some new 6-8 core processors from Intel. My current build which is now old and on it's way out is as follows.

ASUS Crosshair IV forumla
AMD Phenom II 1090t @ 4.0ghz - Corsair single fan closed water loop.
8 GB corsair XMS3 DDR3 - Early adopter to DDR3 and paid almost $70 a gig for this ram. Getting it to OC to the correct speed has been a pain.
Windows 7 Pro - haven't found time to update to windows 10 yet, although I have other computers that are on it.
512 GB Samsung 850 pro SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 2x1 TB
nVidia 770
Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

This rig still works well for gaming getting 45-60 fps on high most of the time. I stopped freelancing a few years back and really only use the machine for gaming now. It used to be a beast consumer machine when I built it for 3D rendering with 6 cores and a wopping 8 gigs of ram. Nowadays I really need to get with the times and get at least 32 in my next build. I'm constantly capping out the 8 when ever I do work on projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom