anyone been to Lindfields?

minnie2000

Original Poster
I have been looking at the villas in Lindfields - we are a family of four so would only need 2 or 3 bedrooms - but have read good and bad reports. Can anyone advise whether this is a good place to go? Or any other villas?

Nemo14

We rented a villa there 3 years ago. It was OK, although the owner had allergies so there was no carpeting, which made for very slippery floors when the kids came in from the pool. We watched a series of hot air balloons take off just behind the development one morning - very impressive!

DISMUM

One of the older communities and it doesn't have a HOA so as a consequence some of the homes are bit run down which tends to reflect on the whole place.
Handy to get everywhere -can be a bit of a nightmare getting onto 192 but you can use the back road of Funie Steed.

Nemo14

DISMUM said:
One of the older communities and it doesn't have a HOA so as a consequence some of the homes are bit run down which tends to reflect on the whole place.
Hamndy to get everywhere -can be a bit of a nightmare getting onto 192 but you can use the back road of Funie Steed
Glad you mentioned the back road - I couldn't remember the name of it!

Alisonsvilla

I have a rental home on Lindfields and have had it for 6 years now.
As regards the look of the community-apart from brand new communities which often are still in the process of getting built but when finished look lovely-I honestly I don't think Lindfields looks any better or worse than any other community. It did look a bit bad after the 2004 hurricanes-but so did everywhere else-Lindfields was only mildly hit but even so there were a lot of roofs with tarps-but now it is all looking good.

There is a good mix of rental and resident homes on Lindfields and I think this gives it a lovely community feel.

I have a lot of friends who are both residents and rental owners and I love the way everyone helps one another. Most of us rent really well which meand plenty of money to keep our homes looking good.

If you are considering renting a villa then may I suggest that you book direct with the owner-that way you can ask your owner anything that you need to know.

It's an interesting point that you made about the ceramic tile floor. Last year I re-carpeted the villa and was wondering about tiling the family area-but I was concerned too about people slipping on the floor when their feet were wet. I decided to stick with the tried and trusted carpet -and I am glad I did.

If I can help you any more with questions about Lindfields or the surrounding area-please do not hesitate to ask.
As well as Funie Steed-there is also a short cut from the 192-I can be outside Animal Kingdom in 10 minutes.

minnie29uk

My Management Company have their rental home in Lindfields.It is one of the older communities,but as long as the owner upkeeps the home,thats the important thing - we all have to do this to make our homes appealing as time goes on and wear and tear occurs,

Lynn

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom