Anymore Proposal Tips?

Fenway_Josh

My girlfriend and I are going to Disney from Dec 4-10. While we were there I was planning on proposing. I read a few good ideas on here over the past few days, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do? We're going to Mickeys Very Merry Xmas Party. Would that be a good time? I'm a guy.... I'm clueless on this stuff. Please help!

robynchic

But if you do it in the rose garden at dusk, (from what I recall), there's a Kodak photographer ready to take your picture with the castle in the background!

Upvote 0

bigkidz895

Best idea I've heard in a long time

blackerbys17 said:
Well, I am a hopeless romantic.....

I'm with this guy. I too am fairly romantic and would prefer to do something original and special. If your soon to be wife is a Disney fan, this would be an awesome idea. It's a bit expensive, maybe there is a cheaper alternative. You could consult with people at reservations.

Hats off to this idea!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

Yeah! Someone liked my idea!!! What can I say, I'm so mushy and yes, expensive, but so romantic. And I'm quite sure it can be done much cheaper, perhaphs doing the same thing on a private fireworks cruise? I just think the fireworks soon after her accepting is key.

Congratulations to all you soon to be married folk, marriage is the best when you are truly in love with the person you are marrying. I should know, everyday is a honeymoon for me and DH, we are perfect for eachother.

Do let us know how you plan to propose and how it all goes!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

proposal

I popped the big question on the beach of the poly right after the fireworks. which was fantasy in the sky at the time then went to eat at ohana it was a GREAT night. We are still together (not sure why she lets me stay but we are) each visist back is just as magical as that night. Anywhere in any park or resort where you feel "THE MAGIC" is the place to pop the question. I told a friend who is trying to get back on the good side of his wife, if you cant find "MAGIC" at WDW then there is no magic to be found! ANY TRUE WDW LOVER KNOWS WHAT I MEAN!

Upvote 0
My fiance proposed to me on a balcony of the Animal Kingdom lodge at night. He said he had planned to propose during Illuminations the next night, but it just felt right like the right moment when we were together on the balcony. :) I have to agree with him. It was perfect.

The next day we decided he'd propose again for the camera at a character greeting. So we have a picture now of him proposing to me with Mickey and Minnie looking on. :) It's a very cute photo.

Upvote 0

psuchad

I am going to give you some advice completely different from everyone else. Don’t plan anything. Simply bring the ring with you and you will know the right time when it comes. Trying to plan something intricate will only make you very nervous and there is always the possibility that it won’t work out as you planned it.

When I proposed to my fiancé in January I thought I had it all planned out. I told her that I wanted to take her to dinner at such and such time. Before dinner I tried calling her mother to ask permission. But guess what, her mother was not home. So here comes my girlfriend over to my place in minutes while I try desperately to contact her mother. I finally got her just minutes before my girlfriend showed up at my apartment. We then went out to dinner where I planned on proposing to her. Little did I know that she would run into a long lost friend from college and would spend most of the meal talking to her. She also got it in her head that she needed to call her mother NOW! Afraid that she would call and her mother would answer “congratulations” and spoil the whole thing I had to think fast. I told her that I too wanted to talk to her mother but I didn’t want to do it in the restaurant or in my car while I was driving. Knowing fully well that her cell phone didn’t work in my parking lot or apartment, she would need to use my land line phone. As soon as we got into my apartment she sat on the couch and got down on one knee.

In conclusion I tried to plan out how everything would work. But nothing seemed to go right. I got very nervous because nothing was working. And in the end I felt very rushed. We laugh about it now because she thought I was acting funny but she never had a clue.

Upvote 0

WTBAD

Josh, There are carrage rides at the PO-Riverside. I think during a late night ride around the property with a chilled bottle of wine and a couple of glasses. Should be just the two of you & the driver. My son was going to propose to his girlfriend in front of the Castle. Not a bad place if you like crowds. Could be romantic to have a few thousand witnesses, a real expression of your love. If you have money to spend I maybe that the dinner at Vict. & Albert. at the GF could be the place. Or you could just ask her just before you get in the car/plane for the trip to WDW. Just don't be casual about it, ask her when you're alone, in a crowd, on a plane or in a car, just ask her, " Will be marry me?"

Upvote 0

labattican

I did this 2 years ago......

we were 24 and 26 at the time so that may give you a little bit of perspective (if that matters)....

to start out the night we went over to the poly for a couple of cocktails. it was halloween and they were having a little parade of children dressed up in costumes. it was a beautiful night so after the drinks we walked along the beach to the floridian. i mentioned to my gf (now wife) that we should check out the wedding pavillion so we walked around it to the piers that are back there along the lagoon. i got down on the knee and proposed and it was a nice moment. there was no one around and the scenery was amazing so it definitely was a 'moment'.

after the proposal, she called her mom and as she got off the phone, the water parade started up so that was an unexpected touch. we ended up eating at citricos (which was ok, but i would recommend narcooses instead) and during our dinner the fireworks at the magic kingdom went off (another unexpected event), her sister called the floridian and ordered us a bottle of '95 dom perignon and they gave us personalized menus and dessert. it was a great night.

we went and got massages the day after and that was great too. it's ridiculously expensive, but after shelling out the money for the ring and trip, i needed the stress relief.

hope that helps, but no matter what you do it will be perfect for her.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom