Anybody here ridden on M:S whose thrown up?

TheMagicMouse

Original Poster
I personally, have never ridden on M:S with someone who has become ill enough to throw up on ride. I've only seen people get kind of woozy afterwords. I feel bad for this one kid who had to have been the age of 8-10, his parents were asking him if he felt ok, and you could easily tell that he wasn't feeling very well, he looked dizzy and just play crappy. But otherwise I have never seen anybody who went all-out and puked on the ride, has anybody here seen or done this?

darthjohnny

I don't think that Mission:Space is the type of ride where you throw up and the nausea is gone. This ride makes people who are susceptible to motion sickness dizzy and feel strange, but they don't actually hurl. That is what happened to my dad who can't take the motion simulators in the parks, except for Soarin' of course.

RnRJoe6114

On a field trip I went on a friend of mine threw up but luckily was prepared and already had a bag in his hand. He then threw up a half hour later, this time he didn't have a bag but we were by a bathroom.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
SpongeScott said:
Someone explain this: how come I can't ride a merry-go-round without getting sick, but I can ride M:S and not get sick?
It has to due with visual queues and the location of your inner ear in relation to your body's rotation. On a merry go round, tea cups, Dumbo etc you can see everything spinning around you and your look around so your inner ear is all over the place. In M:S you cant see the outside world so you brain never gets the signal from your eyes that you are spinning. Your inner ear is fooled into thing you are going forward. Providing that you stay looking straight ahead and you ears keep in line with the rotational arc of the centrifuge of course.
I to turn green on the tea cups and don't feel all that great on merry go rounds or Dumbo but have no problem whatsoever on M:S.
I am starting to think that the reason that there are so many guest problems with M:S is because many people that don't normally get on thrill rides are getting on M:S. My sister in law won't set foot on a roller coaster but got on M:S without a second thought because all it does is spin. While she did not get queasy it was way too much adrenalin for her comfort level. Tack a huge unexpected adrenalin rush onto a fatigued, dehydrated person with high blood pressure and you have a recipe for trouble.

robhedin

That would be me!

Rode it during passholder previews, enjoyed the ride, started feeling woozy just before "landing" on mars, made it off the ride, then started spewing. Hurled several times over the next 5-10 minutes, staggered out to the exit and a CM took total pity on me and gave me a new shirt (which we still refer to as my "I puked on Mission Space" T-Shirt). Then started thowing up again about 20 minutes later. Really enjoyed the ride, though.

rob.

SpongeScott

Master Yoda said:
It has to due with visual queues and the location of your inner ear in relation to your body's rotation. On a merry go round, tea cups, Dumbo etc you can see everything spinning around you and your look around so your inner ear is all over the place. In M:S you cant see the outside world so you brain never gets the signal from your eyes that you are spinning. Your inner ear is fooled into thing you are going forward. Providing that you stay looking straight ahead and you ears keep in line with the rotational arc of the centrifuge of course.
I to turn green on the tea cups and don't feel all that great on merry go rounds or Dumbo but have no problem whatsoever on M:S.
I am starting to think that the reason that there are so many guest problems with M:S is because many people that don't normally get on thrill rides are getting on M:S. My sister in law won't set foot on a roller coaster but got on M:S without a second thought because all it does is spin. While she did not get queasy it was way too much adrenalin for her comfort level. Tack a huge unexpected adrenalin rush onto a fatigued, dehydrated person with high blood pressure and you have a recipe for trouble.
Thanks, Richard. Makes perfect sense to me. And I explicitly follow the instructions for riding and that air blowing on my face is also nice.

wannab@dis

SpongeScott said:
Someone explain this: how come I can't ride a merry-go-round without getting sick, but I can ride M:S and not get sick?
Scott... Master Yoda's wise words were right on target. Listen to the force. ;)

Anywho... next time you get on the Carousel, just look at the horse you are riding (or standing next to) and you probably won't get sick at all. Try to keep the "outside" world out of your range of vision. I have the same problem at times. I can ride the tea cups and not really have a problem, but that blasted Carousel can make me a little dizzy. I rode once and just looked at my daughter on the horse... and it didn't bother me. I now stand towards the outside and look in.

It's so strange that most roller coasters don't bother me and M:S only makes me feel a little 'out of sorts', but the Carousel made me wobbly. :lol:

SpongeScott

wannab@dis said:
Scott... Master Yoda's wise words were right on target. Listen to the force. ;)

Anywho... next time you get on the Carousel, just look at the horse you are riding (or standing next to) and you probably won't get sick at all. Try to keep the "outside" world out of your range of vision. I have the same problem at times. I can ride the tea cups and not really have a problem, but that blasted Carousel can make me a little dizzy. I rode once and just looked at my daughter on the horse... and it didn't bother me. I now stand towards the outside and look in.

It's so strange that most roller coasters don't bother me and M:S only makes me feel a little 'out of sorts', but the Carousel made me wobbly. :lol:
Glad I'm not the only wuss in these parts. :lol:

lawyergirl77

SpongeScott said:
Glad I'm not the only wuss in these parts. :lol:
Hell no! As I explained in another thread, I tossed my cookies after going on Aladdin's Magic Carpets for crying out loud!!! Meanwhile, I can ride M:S with no problems (although I wouldn't push it by riding it a whole lotta times in a row!! :lol: )

timoteo

No, but I heard my friend had a friend who wrote down a list of people her father knew who did throw up her is the list. I also listed some people I know

Aunt Bessie - Threw her cookies
Uncle Pete - Big Technicolor yawn
Best friend Bob - Drove the porcelain bus
Mom- Called the buffalos
Sister Sue - jetissoned the chunky cargo
Best friend Lil -Was shooting salad
Little son Bobby -Had a round trip meal ticket
My best frioend Don-Reviewed today's menu
A big fat guy they saw on 4/1/06 - Gastro Geyser
A small lady about 60 on 3/25/06 - Painted the ground

I never had a liquid burp on MS. I am good to go

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I didn't puke on M:S but I did end up having to leave the park and go to the hospital because I had such a bad High Blood Pressure attack. I was very woozy, wobbly, and naseous. I was almost praying I'd puke becasue I probably would have felt better. It was a surefire way to kill a vacation. It was our second to last day so we just took the next day slow and went home.

I didn't report the incident but wished after the fact that I had. I realize there are warnings on the ride cautioning people with HBP to not go on the ride but there are hundreds of rides that I have been on that caution the same thing and have never had a problem. I guess it is just the risk you take.

Oh, and by the way, I can ride cray rollercoasters and have no problem but I get all woozy from escalators and elevators. For hours afterwards I feel like the floor is still moving.

timoteo

tiggerific418 said:
I didn't puke on M:S but I did end up having to leave the park and go to the hospital because I had such a bad High Blood Pressure attack. I was very woozy, wobbly, and naseous. I was almost praying I'd puke becasue I probably would have felt better. It was a surefire way to kill a vacation. It was our second to last day so we just took the next day slow and went home.

I didn't report the incident but wished after the fact that I had. I realize there are warnings on the ride cautioning people with HBP to not go on the ride but there are hundreds of rides that I have been on that caution the same thing and have never had a problem. I guess it is just the risk you take.

Oh, and by the way, I can ride cray rollercoasters and have no problem but I get all woozy from escalators and elevators. For hours afterwards I feel like the floor is still moving.

Woa.. I am sorry. if you get woozy on escalators and elevators are you sure you are not courting danger on those rollercoasters? I think maybe you should watch out. Can you take a medication before at least? Please be careful I can see you love disney and rides but please be careful,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom