Anybody Collecting Disney Snowglobes?

Myron

Original Poster
I recently looked at my collection of Disney Snowglobes and was shocked to find that each had a large air bubble on the top. These bubbles were not there when I purchased them in the 90's so I'm upset. They were costly, too (about $100 each) and I picked each out carefully at the Disney Store. Do any of you have the same problem? There is no way to fix without breaking open the globe. Did I store them incorrectly or does this normally happen? Disney says they are not responsible and won't replace them. As a result, I stopped purchasing the globes. Does anybody else here collect them?

ZapperZ

I don't collect them, but I do have a few. None that I've looked at has that problem, but then again, none of my snow globes are as old as yours (I bought them all after 2003).

Zz.

dixiegirl

WE usually buy at least 1 or 2 snowglobes when we go down to Disneyworld, and they always check for airbubbles before they wrap it up .....when you pay $150 a pop I hope so!!!

PurpleFigment

I collected Disney snowglobes until just recently. The quality has gone down dramatically -- they look like plastic now.

Most of my snowglobes are 3-15 years old. I probably have 75 - 100. Almost all of them have airbubbles in them and NONE had them when they were purchased.

Airbubbles happen. They can't be prevented...at least none of the experts I've ever consulted knew of any fool-proof ways. They can't be "fixed" either.

Of course Disney won't "replace" them. It's not damage. It's not like they have tons of old snowglobes sitting around waiting for people to return their original ones because there's some air in ones purchased 10 years ago.

daguru

One easy way to prolong the appearance of air bubbles is to store the snowglobe in an upright position, just like it would be when sitting out for display...

PurpleFigment

One easy way to prolong the appearance of air bubbles is to store the snowglobe in an upright position, just like it would be when sitting out for display...

I haven't had any luck with that. The ones I have in boxes, all sitting upright to prevent damage, get air bubbles just like the ones I have on display.

All snowglobes should be kept out of direct sunlight, of course, to prevent evaporation and clouding.

toothfairy

Just got back from WDW and bought an inexpensive snow globe while there. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to bring it on the plane in carryon and was worried about it breaking in the check in luggage. As it turned out, it was fine because the sales lady gave me a globe packed in the original packing so it was very protected. But I didn't think of not being able to carry it on the plane until the night before we left, then called the airline (Continental), and they said I need to pack it in a check in luggage, NO CARRY ON. So for anyone buying a globe at Disney you may want to send it from there or make sure you get one in the original packing and box.

FutureCEO

i did that same thing but for the new where the magic live sorcerors mickey snowglobe. in the ball of water are the little statues of the parks and everything loose?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom