Anybody believe in ghosts?

Wilson

Original Poster
So, I'm heading down to WDW next week with my family, and we're stopping off in St. Augustine to spend the night. As you may know, St. Augustine is the oldest city in America, and I have found out that it is home to numerous ghost sightings (if you believe in that sort of thing ;-) ). One of my wife's co-workers, a former FL resident, asked if we were staying in the "haunted hotel." It's a bed and breakfast near downtown that is said to be haunted by it's former owner, a widow. We're not, it turns out, but we are (I think) staying very close to it.

Supposedly, the widow used to own the house and rented out her rooms to various people, among them: bootleggers. The widow eventually came to be in league with them and thus sheltered them and their activities from the local authorities. She would warn the bootleggers of the police's presence by walking along a balcony on the roof, swinging a lantern back and forth. When the bootleggers saw the lantern, they knew to keep going and not stop. It is said that at night, you can see the light from the lantern swinging up on the roof, as if she were still up there trying to warn them. Boo scary! :D

Naturally, I'll have to go check this out for myself, but I wanted to see if anyone knew of any other good ghost stories from St. Augustine (or what the heck, from anywhere). So, how about it, anybody got any good stories? Scare me, go on, I dare you.

:lookaroun

alee4eva

oh cool, im going down to palm coast in december (thats the town next to st. augustine). I'll have to stop in and check that place out.

Goofette

Thanks for the links. I don't know any good ghost stories, but I do have a couple of pictures and something has shown up in them (different times different film) .... (don't want to say because everyone will think I'm loonier than I am) that is completely unexplainable. It's just plain weird. I love a good ghost story though.

Wilson, have a great time on your vacation. I too would be curious about the hotel, take a picture of it, you never know what will show up :animwink:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Goofette
Thanks for the links. I don't know any good ghost stories, but I do have a couple of pictures and something has shown up in them (different times different film) .... (don't want to say because everyone will think I'm loonier than I am) that is completely unexplainable. It's just plain weird. I love a good ghost story though.

Wilson, have a great time on your vacation. I too would be curious about the hotel, take a picture of it, you never know what will show up :animwink:
OOOO kewl Goofette! Post them in digital media and photos!:D

alee4eva

Now i just want to you to say lol c'mon p-p-p-please

kal1484

Originally posted by kaos
GHOSTS?????

I'm not afraid of ghosts...

OK.. not afraid, but I do beleive.

Ghost's are fun!!

:)

Now I have the Ghost Busters Theme song in my head.

I believe but i dont.....

Goofette

Originally posted by alee4eva

Now i just want to you to say lol c'mon p-p-p-please

I know :lol: It sounds stupid but it's true, honest. I have one of the pictures in my scrapbook. It is of a church, but there is something weird in the picture. I can't explain it. I didn't do anything to it.

Main Street USA

Ghosts have to be real! EEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!! If you've ever watched the travel channel shows about ghosts, OR seen "fear" on MTV, you have to believe in them.

CRAZY things going on........:lookaroun

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Ghostbusters

If there's somethin' strange in your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call (ghostbusters)
If it's somethin' weird an it won't look good
I ain't afraid a no ghost
If you're seein' things runnin' thru your head
Who can you call (ghostbusters)
An' invisible man sleepin' in your bed
Oh who ya gonna call (ghostbusters)
If you're all alone pick up the phone
An call (ghostbusters)

I hear it likes the girls
Who you gonna call (ghostbusters)
Mm…if you've had a dose
Of a freaky ghost baby
You better call ghostbusters
Bustin' makes me feel good
I ain't afraid a no ghosts

Don't get caught alone oh no…ghostbuster
When he comes through your door
Unless you've just got some more
I think you better call ghostbusters
Ooh... who you gonna call (ghostbusters)
Ah, I think you better call (ghostbusters)

I can't hear you…(ghostbusters)
Louder ghostbusters
Who you can call ghostbusters…(till fade)

jmarc63

I dont know if I belive in ghosts but I have had several experiences that I can't explain to this day. I have been with others with one experience and we still can't admit to eachother what we saw even after 15 years.

I have a link for all you Chicagoland members. Go to Richard T crowes site at http://www.ghosttours.com/ Take his tour some time its a great time!!

Maria

Originally posted by jmarc63
I dont know if I belive in ghosts but I have had several experiences that I can't explain to this day. I have been with others with one experience and we still can't admit to eachother what we saw even after 15 years.

Care to share? :D :animwink:

The_CEO

No but listen... This is weird... Ok.. My mom was photographed... When the picture came out this ONE picture.. Had a white ring around her head area.. I can post it if i find it.. :) till then.. Help me think of what it is of. Its an ooold picture.. When my mother and father were still married. Was this a sign??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom