any word when we can start buying annual passes again?

bjlc57

Original Poster
i am watching the covid numbers finally start to drop and I was wondering about a trip in either the last week of May or the first of June.. and I think the best way to go would be with an out of state annual pass.. any one have any true feeling when the gates are going to reopen on this?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
In other words, when the people shouting for Disney to “kiss their grits” actually start forcing them to do so.
9A6EE889-0B3C-460F-9B0E-A732E05A58F4.jpeg

Tuvalu

i am watching the covid numbers finally start to drop and I was wondering about a trip in either the last week of May or the first of June.. and I think the best way to go would be with an out of state annual pass.. any one have any true feeling when the gates are going to reopen on this?
The current price of an out of state AP is $1299 plus tax (approx $1384) if they were for sale.

The current cost of a 7-day park hopper during the last week of May/first week of June is $620.11.

Still think an AP is the best way to go?

Disstevefan1

I have a bad feeling it will be a long time (if ever) that we will see annual passes as we knew them.
The only resident annual now for WDW is what I like to call a parking pass because that’s all it’s good for basically.

They are making big money at the parks and they are mobbed so there is no reason to bring them back for out of state or residents.

TrainsOfDisney

The current price of an out of state AP is $1299 plus tax (approx $1384) if they were for sale.

The current cost of a 7-day park hopper during the last week of May/first week of June is $620.11.

Still think an AP is the best way to go?
That seems about like usual. 2 trips in a year you break even, any more than 2 trips is needed to start saving money.

bjlc57

Original Poster
In other words, when the people shouting for Disney to “kiss their grits” actually start forcing them to do so.
in other words.. I have repeatly stated.. I have ONE MORE TRIP TO MAKE with my Grand kids.. trust me .. I have NO >> AND I REPEAT NO COMMITMENTS AFTER THAT...

Oddysey

in other words.. I have repeatly stated.. I have ONE MORE TRIP TO MAKE with my Grand kids.. trust me .. I have NO >> AND I REPEAT NO COMMITMENTS AFTER THAT...

Why are you yelling? You are the one who came out as strong as anybody against Disney’s policy yet decide to vote against your own interest with just “one more trip.” After you made such a strong post/thread you cannot possibly expect people not to notice the hypocrisy. You even discussed getting rid of all the Disney merchandise in your life. If you are as angry as you claimed to have been and still go to DW, your words ring hollow and you are contributing to the very thing you claim to dislike.

I get it. I was once addicted to the pixie dust. Just one more drink…err…snort.

Last edited:

Raxel7851

We’ve been out of state AP holders for about 8 years. We have been able to renew ours each year, but as the cost keeps rising, we think more about not renewing. But once you decide not to renew, then that’s it for the foreseeable future. We do spend between 15-20 days each year since we retired. There are still some AP discounts occasionally at the resorts, but they have become less frequent lately.

TrainsOfDisney

We’ve been out of state AP holders for about 8 years. We have been able to renew ours each year, but as the cost keeps rising, we think more about not renewing. But once you decide not to renew, then that’s it for the foreseeable future. We do spend between 15-20 days each year since we retired. There are still some AP discounts occasionally at the resorts, but they have become less frequent lately.
I was an out of state passholder from 2004-2021. Many of those years I had the premier pass (California / Florida) - the #1 reason I did not renew was the park reservation system.

The whole point of an AP was the freedom to visit any Disney Park I wanted to, anytime they were open. That was worth the premium price. Take that away? No thanks.

Raxel7851

I was an out of state passholder from 2004-2021. Many of those years I had the premier pass (California / Florida) - the #1 reason I did not renew was the park reservation system.

The whole point of an AP was the freedom to visit any Disney Park I wanted to, anytime they were open. That was worth the premium price. Take that away? No thanks.
Wow, you had the Mac Daddy of Annual Passes!! I’m not quite at the point of your frustration with the AP, but it’s certainly something I’ll think about when it comes time to renew. I think another point I keep going over in my mind, is that if they want to do away with the AP by cutting back the perks, then just out of spite, I’ll be keeping mine.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I had concerns about the reservation system as well. We moved here last summer and got the top level AP when they started selling in October. There has not been a day that I couldnt get a reservation where I wanted to go, or park hop, day off. There have been a few days where MK was not available but you could still park hop there.

TrainsOfDisney

I had concerns about the reservation system as well. We moved here last summer and got the top level AP when they started selling in October. There has not been a day that I couldnt get a reservation where I wanted to go, or park hop, day off. There have been a few days where MK was not available but you could still park hop there.
Call me spoiled but just the idea that I have to “make a reservation” to use my pass is a hassle I don’t want to have to deal with after spending that kind of money.

If I lived there I’d probably have a pass. But then I would be spending less for a locals pass as well.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
You really shouldn't be bringing reality in here. People have to believe that APs are locked out and park passes are impossible to get on short notice so they can complain. I just checked and pretty much every day for the next month has AP availability every single day.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Call me spoiled but just the idea that I have to “make a reservation” to use my pass is a hassle I don’t want to have to deal with after spending that kind of money.

If I lived there I’d probably have a pass. But then I would be spending less for a locals pass as well.
Disney has already hinted that the park reservation system may never go away, so get used to it. And it really isn't that much of a hassle.

Vegas Disney Fan

This is my position right now, out of state AP/Dream Key holder since 2013 and debating if it’s worth it anymore. We’re going to DL this weekend and I wanted to add Friday and it’s currently sold out, availability will most likely reopen at some point this week but spending another $200 on a hotel and $75 to board my dog on “most likely” is a pretty big risk. It drives me crazy.

At least at WDW there’s a million things to do at the hotels and around the world if you can’t get a reservation, if I can’t get a reservation at DL I’m spending $275 to walk around Downtown Disney and shop.

TrainsOfDisney

This is my position right now, out of state AP/Dream Key holder since 2013 and debating if it’s worth it anymore. We’re going to DL this weekend and I wanted to add Friday and it’s currently sold out, availability will most likely reopen at some point this week but spending another $200 on a hotel and $75 to board my dog on “most likely” is a pretty big risk. It drives me crazy.

At least at WDW there’s a million things to do at the hotels and around the world if you can’t get a reservation, if I can’t get a reservation at DL I’m spending $275 to walk around Downtown Disney and shop.
You could use that day and go to Knotts. But I agree, it’s frustrating. I’m much more likely to visit Disneyland sooner than Disney World that’s for sure.

Disney has already hinted that the park reservation system may never go away, so get used to it. And it really isn't that much of a hassle.
Disney can get used to not having my $2,000 + dining + hotels + Merch each year. If Bob’s happy, fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom