Any word on the scanning machine for bag check

tare

Original Poster
Anyone hear any news on the scanning machines at bag check besides Disney springs? With all the precautions I can’t imagine they would still be touching your personal items. I would definitely ask them to change gloves before touching my items since they just touched a thousand other peoples.

TrainsOfDisney

It’s been needed for so long... there are so many better solutions for the security check they’ve been doing for a few years now.

tissandtully

Anyone hear any news on the scanning machines at bag check besides Disney springs? With all the precautions I can’t imagine they would still be touching your personal items. I would definitely ask them to change gloves before touching my items since they just touched a thousand other peoples.
I’ve been curious about this too, from pics of the new setup it seems it’s like security bag checks as usual. Which is gonna be terrible.

mickeymiss

I have had surface germ anxiety at every disney visit. We didn't bring bags and it sucked. I would really like to bring a bag without worrying about germs. Covid is supposedly less likely to spread from items but many other germs do. Norovirus comes to mind. We had that evil virus in 2015 and I have been a germ ninja ever since.

tare

Original Poster
I have had surface germ anxiety at every disney visit. We didn't bring bags and it sucked. I would really like to bring a bag without worrying about germs. Covid is supposedly less likely to spread from items but many other germs do. Norovirus comes to mind. We had that evil virus in 2015 and I have been a germ ninja ever since.
I just can’t see them still touching everything person after person. This virus transfers on basically everything. I don’t want them spreading something to me Or my stuff

tare

Original Poster
There is no way it could carry on as it did before. Crowding, handling items. It will be different, but we'll see by how much.
I certainly hope your right. It was disgusting and gross enough before this whole pandemic occurred.

tissandtully

I'm thinking Disney is gonna figure out a way to make bag-check safer and also eliminate how many guards it takes and overall employee cost to do bag-checks. It's gotta be happening, It'd be dumb if not.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
35B85A1E-D563-4ADB-BB67-B07D7FC74283.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom