Any word on the new EMH policy

mitchk

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone has been to Disney since they changed from wristbands to having to show your room card for EMH attractions. I leave in 9 days :sohappy:, and I would like to know if everything will be running smoothly. Thanks :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I was just wondering if anyone has been to Disney since they changed from wristbands to having to show your room card for EMH attractions. I leave in 9 days :sohappy:, and I would like to know if everything will be running smoothly. Thanks :wave:
They were issuing wristbands the last week of August. :shrug:

djpoore94

They stopped the wristbands as of September 7. I was wondering about this as well, we have 24 more days and then it's POR here we come!

tusabrl

I was a Magic Kingdom on Sunday (Sept. 7th) just rolled up to Big Thunder flashed the room keys for both of us and went on into the ride. Seemed pretty painless. We only went on Big Thunder mountain after the park closed at then we left for the hotel. Lines for the whole week of Sept. 1-7th were light (max 20mins. during the busiest part of the day, Epcot, MK, AK & HWS) the longest wait time I saw that week was at Toy Story Mainia at Hollywood Studios. 90mins standby and Fast Passes were gone by 11:30 that day.

mitchk

Original Poster
I was a Magic Kingdom on Sunday (Sept. 7th) just rolled up to Big Thunder flashed the room keys for both of us and went on into the ride. Seemed pretty painless. We only went on Big Thunder mountain after the park closed at then we left for the hotel. Lines for the whole week of Sept. 1-7th were light (max 20mins. during the busiest part of the day, Epcot, MK, AK & HWS) the longest wait time I saw that week was at Toy Story Mainia at Hollywood Studios. 90mins standby and Fast Passes were gone by 11:30 that day.

Thanks for the info :wave: Anyone else had any experinces with the new policy

mitchk

Original Poster
Just trying to keep the thread going:wave:, hopefully more people can respond with some additional info :sohappy:

bgraham34

I am heading down Friday and was wondering the same thing. I hate having to flash the room key. I put that into my wallet and now I will have to have it out in my pocket.

ThinkTink721

We leave on 9/20...maybe we'll see you there!!! :wave:

NASAMan

The guests I talked to when I worked at MK on Sunday seemed in a good cheer about the new system. They no longer had to backtrack to the front of the park or wherever the wristband location was. I recommended a lanyard for the keys. We picked up one at Disneyland that was a FastPass lanyard - clear plastic zip-lock pouch to keep your FPs nice and dry. Wear that and it is no problem to show the CMs. Put the pouch on the bottom of your pin lanyard, and you're all set!

Silvermist

I was just interested in how it was going with the new system. Seems to be rather quiet. Anyone have any additional input on how it's working out?

Yellow Shoes

LIke NASAMan I used the lanyard with the clear zipper pouch. It was FAR more convenient than digging the room key out of my pack.

Granted, the crowds were light when we were there (Sept 9-14) but the room key thing did not seem to be a big deal.

CMs were very polite about asking to see a room key. I vaguely remember one of them having a hand-held scanner, but I could be mis-remembering. Or I might be remembering getting wristbands for MNSSHP.

In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't worthy of the hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth that the initial announcement seemed to generate.

coasterphil

The light crowds will definitely make it difficult to judge the effects of the change. We'll have to wait until a busier time to see just how well it works.

SleepingMonk

Just got back today from a four day weekend. The new system is a total failure from a guest standpoint in my opinion. I didn't see a single cast member check anyone for room cards at either evening EMH at Epcot or Magic Kingdom. I don't even think it's making WDW any extra cash by having people linger in the parks longer due to the fact 99% of the shops are closed during EMH.

Terrible idea in my opinion.

And we're FL residents, season passholders etc...been to the world many, many times and we never noticed cast member issues like we did this weekend. Lines were running long, shows off kilter, odd starts and stops, just a general feeling of things being off. Almost every CM we saw had "earning my ears" on their tag. I assume the slow season is the popular time to train new hires and it really shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom