Any word on Stitch opening?

Chernabog

Original Poster
Hello all, I recalled someone mentioned a possible soft opening for Stitch in either late May or June sometime. I've got a bunch of friends going down this Memorial day weekend and they would love ot experiance it. Any word on whether this might be open? I know probably not but I'd still be interested to hear when it will be. Are there any castmembers being trianed for it yet even or cast previews?

awallaceunc

For every source I see that sites early/mid summer, I see another that sites early/mid fall... go figure. I'd say we won't even be able to tell one way or the other for at least a week or two.

-Aaron

Sir Hiss527

To the look of things, it seems like there's tons of work to be done with Stitch..I would think that we won't be seeing Stitch at all this summer, but around August-September..we'll just have to wait and see.

Bill

Account Suspended
Last I heard the very first openings - WDI Previews and CM Previews would be in Mid June. We'll see if that holds up. That's something from our old dearly departed "Jon." No clue what happened to him.:hammer:

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, word came down the grapevine a month or two ago that things were rolling along toward a late June test/adjust and possible CM opening. I said as much here.

However, I now hear that was, shall we say, extremely optimistic.
Late summer or early fall is shaping up to be more like it.

Bill

Account Suspended
Wow, so Jon actually was right... at the time. Hmm, I still can't figure out what happened to him. lol.:brick:

Well, thanks for the update Lee. Oh, any chances of Timekeeper opening when Stitch's Great Escape! does? I'd think with all these guests having FastPasses for Stitch, Buzz, and SM, that they could open Timekeeper again to larger crowds waiting around in Tomorrowland for their FastPass times to roll-over. Any chance of that?

I walk through Stitch everyday (it is a utilador entrance for tomorrowland cast members and the actual attraction is built around the break room...) Anyways, I sneak a peek everytime i see a door propped open and just this week in the pre-show area the construction workers were working on shield looking things that I am assuming will be wall decorations, "Chairman Klench" 's portrait has been removed from "Skippy Show" and now the characters name slips my mind, but the big blue guy in Lilo and Stitch has be placed in around the same area. I also saw a crate at the bottom of the chamber inwhich i was told was the Stitch AA. But i must contest I saw nothing. Also, this Wednesday morning (more like tuesday night) from midnight -5am they are filiming a commercial or commercials in tomorrowland for an ad campaign. From what i hear guests will be riding the Astro Orbiter and stitch will then be digitally placed and be taking screws out of the ride....the ad campaign will begin on .....GET THIS 626 :hammer: LOL that's June 26th....i'll add anything when i hear it....

Sir Hiss527

Where do you work at in Tommorrowland DispatchInhibit? Yea, you basically have the same information correct as my brother..he works at the Speedway..He also said that they bringing in the Stitch AA's friday..Thanks for update by the way.

-Dustin-

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by DispatchInhibit
I work at space mountain, but a ton of people from there work speedway too, what's your brother's name?

I don't feel I have the authority to give out his name...he only works at Speedway cause they wouldn't let work at different attractions in Tommorrowland..Also he started last week for the first time, so you wouldn't know him..I'll be at Magic Kingdom tommorrow to see how he is doing..maybe i'll swing by Space Mountain.

Disnycrazy

I hope this will be in soft opening when I am there from August 18 - august 21. But we will see one can only hope, because if not I will not be able to ride this until 2006. Whn hubby and I move to Orlando. :sohappy:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Bill
Wow, so Jon actually was right... at the time.

no he wasn't. If memory serves me right... he said, in March, that the attraction was almost done and soft openings would begin in April/May....

and then I disputed it with mid-June, as my sources within WDI and BVCC informed me..

but what do I know... I'm just a Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom