Any update on the final tests of the 4 year old who died after riding mission space?

Bluewaves

#1 The results of the autopsy were not yet released and it was said that the final results could take months to gather.
#2 the girl at typhoon lagoon was at the wave pool lying by the side of the wave pool and as approached by a lifeguard and was asked if she was alright, presumably she did not look alright she said she was fine and then proceeded to sit up and then completely collapsed and died at the hospital after the lifeguards had done cpr and tried everything they could until the emt's arrived. The weather was probably one of the most important causes as it was well over 90 degrees and ridiculously humid.

#3 as far as I am concerened no 4 year old belongs on Mission Space, Disney itself says it is an EXTREME THRILL and it is one of the only rides with that designation.

#4 have fun, there are plenty of things to do with children, its Disney World just becasue you can't go on a few rides its not the end of the world, thats why kids pay less to get in!!!!!!

#5 if you go in the summer drink plenty of water, stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day and furthermore use common sense. Use kid swap if the person your going with and you want to go on an attraction, it allows you to go on the ride and then let the other adult who stayed with the kids to go on the ride right after you. Ask a Cast Memeber if they think the ride is too intense they have a very good sense about what the ride is and what it does and who should and should not go on it.

#6 its a vacation so just have fun and don't freak out and unfortunately its a sad fact that people die at amusement parks, Just feel comfortable in the fact that you are more likely to die on the way to the park in a plane, train or car than in the park.

tigsmom

col said:
it is sad but on one of the sites that i was reading about the girl it also said that the girl who was rushed to hospital after riding the tower of terror was still in a critical condition in hospital. what month did this happen in again coz i cant remember and does anyone know if she is improving?my thoughts go to the family of the typhoon lagoon girl.

I don't think they expect any improvement as she had a pretty severe cerebral bleed. There was an update in today's Orlando Sentinal... they are taking her home.

After collapse at Disney, Brit returns home

From Sentinel staff reports

August 7, 2005

Orlando

The British teen who collapsed after a Walt Disney World ride last month was flown by air ambulance back to Great Britain on Saturday, still in critical condition.

Leanne Deacon, 16, suffered cardiac arrest July 16 after she rode the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World.

She has remained in critical condition at Florida Hospital Orlando since then.

Hospital spokeswoman Carrie Lockwood said doctors and Leanne's family jointly decided to move the teen.

"The family wanted to get back to Great Britain. There was nothing more that we could have done for her here that could not be done there," Lockwood said.

She flew out of Orlando Executive Airport on Galaxy Air to Montreal, where she was expected to continue on to Great Britain.

CAPTAIN HOOK

steruth said:
The reason I was so concerned is that I am taking my four year old boy and his cousin with me who is also 4 and while I would not take them on any ride I did not consider appropriate for a four year old, I just wanted to get all the facts before I go to the park.
Be guided by the notices which Disney post at ride entrances, the description of the rides and suitability written in the guide books and most importantl, common sense. Millions go to Disney and return safe and sound and have a good time - it is only tragic news (where guests didn't think or had an unknown ailment) that makes the newspapers

M:SpilotISTC12

kreiderr said:
In my opinion, Mission Space is not meant for a four year old. If this is your child's first time at Disney, let them enjoy the rides that are meant for them. If you rush them onto rides like this, there's nothing to look forward to as they get older. My daughter is 7 and has been to Disney 5 times, the first time when she was two. Each year we've added new rides. When she was five we allowed her to try out Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain and she loved them. However, I have still not allowed her to go on the following: Space Mountain, Alien Encounter (I may not allow her on, even though Stitch is now the Alien) Tower of Terror, Aerosmith, Test Tack, Dinosaur, and a few others. When we go in April she will be 7 and she desparately wants to go on Dinosaur and Tower of Terror. It gives her something to look forward to. When I heard that a four year old had collapsed and later died after riding Mission Space, I placed the full blame on the parents, because Disney warns you about a dozen times before you get on. As a parent, use good judgement. This trip is about your child. Four year olds need to spend a great deal of time in Fantasy Land and meeting characters, not scared to death. (a bad pun)

I totally agree with 4 year olds on M:S. Its a bit too intense for them. Even if my four year old was 48 inches tall I would still not let him ride it.

tigsmom

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
I totally agree with 4 year olds on M:S. Its a bit too intense for them. Even if my four year old was 48 inches tall I would still not let him ride it.

My 10 y/o rode it and has vowed to never go back on, and this is the kid who isn't afraid of anything. It was just too intense for her. She felt fine after she got off the ride, but was violently ill about 15 minutes later.

col

tigsmom said:
I don't think they expect any improvement as she had a pretty severe cerebral bleed. There was an update in today's Orlando Sentinal... they are taking her home.

After collapse at Disney, Brit returns home

From Sentinel staff reports

August 7, 2005

Orlando

The British teen who collapsed after a Walt Disney World ride last month was flown by air ambulance back to Great Britain on Saturday, still in critical condition.

Leanne Deacon, 16, suffered cardiac arrest July 16 after she rode the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World.

She has remained in critical condition at Florida Hospital Orlando since then.

Hospital spokeswoman Carrie Lockwood said doctors and Leanne's family jointly decided to move the teen.

"The family wanted to get back to Great Britain. There was nothing more that we could have done for her here that could not be done there," Lockwood said.

She flew out of Orlando Executive Airport on Galaxy Air to Montreal, where she was expected to continue on to Great Britain.

thanks for that.
but imagine that going from florida to canada then back to britain. that trip must have been long but when we where flying home from florida on 11th september 2004 we had to stop in canada for fuel so maybe that was a reason for the stop there.

pinkrose

tigsmom said:
My 10 y/o rode it and has vowed to never go back on, and this is the kid who isn't afraid of anything. It was just too intense for her. She felt fine after she got off the ride, but was violently ill about 15 minutes later.
I'll ride about anything, but I don't like MS. I've been on it twice and that's enought for me.

saltmom1

Bluewaves said:
#1 The results of the autopsy were not yet released and it was said that the final results could take months to gather.
#2 the girl at typhoon lagoon was at the wave pool lying by the side of the wave pool and as approached by a lifeguard and was asked if she was alright, presumably she did not look alright she said she was fine and then proceeded to sit up and then completely collapsed and died at the hospital after the lifeguards had done cpr and tried everything they could until the emt's arrived. The weather was probably one of the most important causes as it was well over 90 degrees and ridiculously humid.

#3 as far as I am concerened no 4 year old belongs on Mission Space, Disney itself says it is an EXTREME THRILL and it is one of the only rides with that designation.

#4 have fun, there are plenty of things to do with children, its Disney World just becasue you can't go on a few rides its not the end of the world, thats why kids pay less to get in!!!!!!

#5 if you go in the summer drink plenty of water, stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day and furthermore use common sense. Use kid swap if the person your going with and you want to go on an attraction, it allows you to go on the ride and then let the other adult who stayed with the kids to go on the ride right after you. Ask a Cast Memeber if they think the ride is too intense they have a very good sense about what the ride is and what it does and who should and should not go on it.

#6 its a vacation so just have fun and don't freak out and unfortunately its a sad fact that people die at amusement parks, Just feel comfortable in the fact that you are more likely to die on the way to the park in a plane, train or car than in the park.
I TOTALLY agree with #3. MS is not meant for a 4 year oldfor many of the reasons already stated. The parent has to have some discretion here and didn't with a tragic consequence. What 4 year old do you know who wouldn't have been begging to go on that ? Who is the adult here? Disney only has a responsibility to warn which it more than adequately does. I feel so sorry for the family having to suffer such a tragedy but either the mom was totally ignorant of the ride's intensity or she gave into the boy and let him ride.

wdwishes2005

Bluewaves said:
Ask a Cast Memeber if they think the ride is too intense they have a very good sense about what the ride is and what it does and who should and should not go on it.

imho if i were a CM i wouldn't answer that... lawsuits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom