any tips for the Disney Diet?

kasey1988

Congradulations to all you weight loosers!! Im so proud of all you for choosing healthy lives! Id say in disney enjoy salads insted of frys, frozen yogurt insted of ice cream, and so on. But also your on vacation and try to enjoy a few treats, with all that walking enjoying a treat or two on your trip shouldnt be hard to loose!

drp4video

6 years ago I lost 95 pounds before I went to disney, and was worried about the diet issue as well. I ate all meals, tried to eat healthy for the most part, watched the fried foods, even had some ice cream a few times. I walked so much, I didn't gain an ounce. I love the disney diet!

captain_eo

Original Poster
Thanks again for all the tips everybody!

I'm now just a couple days off from going, and, of course, I ganed weight over the holiday season, so I'm really going to have to watch myself at WDW.

The one neat thing I hear is that some of you actually lost weight at WDW! Congrats -- maybe I can join your ranks!

I guess it's just a matter of making healthy eating choices. Hopefully each restaurant will at least have one or two items that are designated as being a low-cal or low-fat choice.

mpoppins76

I find that I typically lose weight while I'm there too. I usually end up eating only 2 real meals (breakfast, and a late lunch/early dinner). I keep a small bag of baby carrots in my bag for snacking and drink a ton of water. Nevermind all of the walking :D

Have a wonderful time on your trip!!!!

JimboJones123

Eat your dinner EARLY and don't snack. Go to bed a few hours after you eat so overnight you can finish everything off and continue to burn. Avoid all fries. They are everywhere. Most places will let you get fruit or just save the $2 or whatever and order w/o them.

Tinkwannabe

First of all, congratulations on your decision to eat healthy while you're at WDW! My boyfriend and I have been on Weight Watchers for about a year and have lost considerable amounts of weight. We were at WDW for the first week of December 2006. We checked the menus before we left and noted which ones served things we could eat. In addition, when we wanted to treat ourselves a little we went someplace like the Plaza on Main Street in MK and the Sci Fi Drive-In at MGM. So we could eat what we wanted, we split the meals. There was still plenty to satisfy our hunger. Enjoy your trip!

captain_eo

Original Poster
I find that I typically lose weight while I'm there too. I usually end up eating only 2 real meals (breakfast, and a late lunch/early dinner). I keep a small bag of baby carrots in my bag for snacking and drink a ton of water. Nevermind all of the walking :D

Have a wonderful time on your trip!!!!

Knowing who I'm traveling with, I'll be having three full-blown meals.

As for the walking, I sure hope that's the case -- it means I won't be spending too long standing in line for anything!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom