Any rumors on water park EMHs?

slappy magoo

Original Poster
If not...let's start one! :lol:

Seriously, I for one am hoping they extend the concept of EMH to include the water parks, too. I tend to get in the water more for the fun than to beat the heat, and let's face it, a night in Florida during the summer can still be pretty hot & humid.

Of course, I've heard nothing about it happening, but I can dream....oh, I can dream my little dreams...

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Maybe in the morning. Night would never happen because of safety concerns.

I'd imagine the reason in the morning is because no one really uses pools at 9 am.

JKovach

Account Suspended
i know i could go look this up VERY easily but... i'm lazy and i'd rather not

how late are the water parks open now?

GoofyInOhio

I don't think they would keep them open later for the simple fact that the Water parks always seem to empty out close to dinner time. They have surfing lessons in the morning so I hope they don't get rid of that. I may be doing that on the next trip keep my fingers crossed. :)

Captain Chaos

Thrawn said:
Maybe in the morning. Night would never happen because of safety concerns.

I'd imagine the reason in the morning is because no one really uses pools at 9 am.

Yea, I would think safety issues would be the main reason not to keep the water parks open at night...

What times do the pools at the resorts close? I thought most hotels closed their pools at 9 or 10 PM... But, if memory serves me, in October last year, as I got back to Pop Century Resort, at 12:30 AM, there were people swimming in the pool....

wdwishes2005

dxer07002 said:
Yea, I would think safety issues would be the main reason not to keep the water parks open at night...

What times do the pools at the resorts close? I thought most hotels closed their pools at 9 or 10 PM... But, if memory serves me, in October last year, as I got back to Pop Century Resort, at 12:30 AM, there were people swimming in the pool....

they never "close" the pools they just shut off the slides and water features and the lifeguards leave. its kind of a swim at your own risk thing. ive been in the pool at 2 am and not got kicked out or anything.

Captain Chaos

Ahhh thanks for updating me on that question... I know it is kind of a swim at your own risk, but, I could only imagine if someone got hurt and drowned... The lawsuit that would be filed.. Then you would see fences go up around the pools with locks on them so no one can get in...

Thrawn

Account Suspended
dxer07002 said:
Ahhh thanks for updating me on that question... I know it is kind of a swim at your own risk, but, I could only imagine if someone got hurt and drowned... The lawsuit that would be filed.. Then you would see fences go up around the pools with locks on them so no one can get in...

Doubtful. There are warnings posted, and when the lifeguards leave they make a clear "swim at your own risk" announcement. Remember, the quiet pools never have lifeguards.

Captain Chaos

Thrawn said:
Doubtful. There are warnings posted, and when the lifeguards leave they make a clear "swim at your own risk" announcement. Remember, the quiet pools never have lifeguards.

True, but you know the kind of society we live in... Do not follow rules, get hurt and sue... The way of life for some people... Anything to try to squeeze a buck out of a multi billion dollar corporation...

Thrawn

Account Suspended
dxer07002 said:
True, but you know the kind of society we live in... Do not follow rules, get hurt and sue... The way of life for some people... Anything to try to squeeze a buck out of a multi billion dollar corporation...

Yes, but I'm sure Disney's lawyers think they are covered, else there would be lifeguards at the quiet pools during the day, at least.

tiggersmyguy

Wow...my first posting here on the board...WOO HOO! Anyway...Im not so sure its a safety concern. I have been at Disney for Gayday and been to parties at the water parks after 8:00pm. All of the slides etc were open for use....maybe they just don't think enough people would use the Water Parks after hours??

peter11435

tiggersmyguy said:
Wow...my first posting here on the board...WOO HOO! Anyway...Im not so sure its a safety concern. I have been at Disney for Gayday and been to parties at the water parks after 8:00pm. All of the slides etc were open for use....maybe they just don't think enough people would use the Water Parks after hours??
Thats because it was a private party. For private parties Disney allows guests to do many things they would NEVER allow the average day guest to do. Such as having dinner in the middle of the Great Movie Rides "..Oz" set.

DisneyBride94

Water Parkes EMH

I for one would be thrilled to hit Blizzard Beach before 10AM.... and until daylight savings time...I think it should be open until 7PM... I think the current closing time is way too early....but that's just me....

I know that in the evenings they do corporate events at Typhoon Lagoon...my husband's company had a dinner there....and I think they have also done weddings there... so they have the opportunity to make money of a corporate crowd after hours.

April

Thrawn

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
Thats because it was a private party. For private parties Disney allows guests to do many things they would NEVER allow the average day guest to do. Such as having dinner in the middle of the Great Movie Rides "..Oz" set.

OMFG ... they let people do that? I can only imagine what that would cost ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom