Any recent crowd reports on Pandora area at rope drop?

thomas998

As expected we weren't able to snag any fast passes and unfortunately one of the daughters is pushing for the Avatar stuff... I'm guess we need to hit it at rope drop but wondered just how much time it is going to take so we can plan for some fastpasses at other things in the afternoon.... Anyone able to get through it in 4 hours if they went when the gates open or do we need to allocate more time.

wwmmd

Not sure when you're going but if you do rope drop I'd suggest getting to AK at least an hour before the park opens so that you can be at the beginning of the crowd. We were there the beginning of September and everyone tries to ride FoP at rope drop. The line was 3.5 hours right off the bat. The line went down considerably between lunch and dinner. I just checked the MDE app and the wait for FoP right now (noon) is 2 hours. Good luck. We did rope drop but rode NRJ instead since we had FP for FoP. I'd say about 90% of the crowd at rope drop is going to FoP.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

Rides times I saw were always 70 to 120 minutes last week. Never tried to rope drop but didn't have an FP for NRJ. We jumped in that 3 minutes before park close and only waited 15-20 minutes in a fast moving line. I would have glady waited for FoP or go for that first. It is amazing.
Use the park closing strategy for NRJ.

Talked to a couple who did do rope drop and was at the gates waiting 30min before park open. She said she ride NRJ 4 times that day. But didn't catch what she did about FoP

After Rivers of Light was over the entire crowd headed to Pandora so watch out for that. But Everest only had 10 minute standby at the same time so there is that plus.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We did the EMH rope drop on Saturday. We got there by 7:15. It was mobbed. Pandora opened at 7:30 due to the crowds. We walked quickly with the masses and were one of the first ones on FOP. When we got off (and it wasn't even 8am yet), there was a 2 1/2 hour wait. We walked over to the boat ride. A 40 min wait was posted, but we got on in 20 min. When we left Pandora and returned to Earth ;), the line for FOP went all the way over the bridge into Discovery Island. We saw something similar on Sunday when we went back to the park for a 9am opening, but we skipped the madness and walked with the 15-20 people to Dinosaur and Everest. We enjoyed the Wild Africa Trek again for the rest of our morning before heading over to Magic Kingdom for an early dinner at Cindy's and MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom