Any Playgrounds / Playscapes in FLE?

PalisadesPkteer

There is the play like area in the Seas with Nemo at EPCOT.

There is a statue of Bruce etc. in there and I think the kids can climb and go through stuff in there. Is this the case?

There might be some things in Innoventions also. I do not have kids so to be honest don't look for these type of things.

ABigBrassBand

There is a statue of Bruce etc. in there and I think the kids can climb and go through stuff in there. Is this the case?
Yup, that's exactly what it is, but from what I can remember it's not that big of a playspace...we need more fantastically themed playspaces like the Splash Mountain one...I've always thought that one was well-placed and welldesigned, and I'm not even a kid (judging by how fun my little brother has on it).

Atomicmickey

As an adult theme park afficionado, I see a play area as something rather mundane, even if well themed.

My six, and subsequently seven-year-old would disagree totally!

Imagine my surprise on our first trip to Disney World when halfway through the day, he said "I just want to climb and slide--is there a playplace around here anywhere?"

He really, truly, wanted to do that!

So, while we were there, we took special steps to visit the "shrunk the kids" play area, Pooh's spot, Tom Sawyer, the boneyard.

Just 10-15 minutes let him run off some steam as kids do--and really made the trip for him. Too bad there isn't a playplace in EPCOT--because it would have been really helpful.

So, I completely see the utility and need for these sorts of areas, and would welcome more of them. Not for me, because he's getting old enough now to be out of that stage, but because as a parent I really appreciated the fact that they were there and I suspect that millions of other parents do, too.

I get that some see it as a waste of space, but the real benefit is, as some other posters have pointed out, that it gives kids a separate area to let off steam, which really benefits all of us, whether we have kids or not. This is especially important for the under-3 crowd, who might still be in a stroller and need a place where they can get out and crawl and bounce around safely.

I personally am very pleased to hear there will be a play area included in the FLE.

There are many out there who don't appreciate these spaces. I am going to go out on a limb and guess many of those are the very same who bash strollers. (I guess none of these people were ever children once).

As a parent, they are wildly appreciated. Children have different needs that adults do. This is why there are rides and attractions geared toward adults, those towards kids, and also a few playspaces. WDW is, after all, a family vacation destination.

Biff215

I personally am very pleased to hear there will be a play area included in the FLE.

There are many out there who don't appreciate these spaces. I am going to go out on a limb and guess many of those are the very same who bash strollers. (I guess none of these people were ever children once).

As a parent, they are wildly appreciated. Children have different needs that adults do. This is why there are rides and attractions geared toward adults, those towards kids, and also a few playspaces. WDW is, after all, a family vacation destination.

What do you mean strollers? Children not old enough to drive a car have no right to be hanging around a Disney park! :ROFLOL:

I totally agree with you about these play areas. We were just watching the video from our November trip today. Our 2yo had a blast running around inside the TTF area, we'll be sad to see that go. It even has a roof if I remember correctly!

I think the general problem with playgrounds started here when Pooh was built where 20k once stood. Many felt this was Disney's poor excuse for developing nothing better on that land. Of course now we know better!

klstorey

These play areas are one of the major things lacking at DHS and AK. I hope the new FL will have a lot of them.

I love the one by Splash Mountain as it the right size and is perfectly located near an attraction for older kids. I wish they would do this near ToT and RRC at DHS. While I enjoy the new pooh queue I miss the play area.

IMO each land should have one play area. I loved the one at the entrance of the Little Mermaid meet and greet. The water features were nice as was the large shaded area. The location near the restrooms were nice also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom