Any part of SpectroMagic salvageable?

mharrington

Original Poster
Is there any part of SpectroMagic that is still salvageable? That is, are there still any pieces of the parade still intact?

mharrington

Original Poster
The audio track, which is, IMHO, the best parade audio ever made, could be re-used. From other posts on this and other sites, the physical detritus of the parade was trashed in loads to dumpsters. Curious if anything survived this scorched earth policy.

I was referring to the floats. That is, if any of the floats could be reused for a future parade.

180º

"Anything is salvageable, as long as there are merchandising opportunities left in the world."
The Company

"Unless, on top of that, we're too lazy."
The Company

Crazydisneyfanluke

sebastian from the little mermaid float is used in FOF. A dress was ripped apart to be turned into pins (i have one). They most likely took what they can to use as spare parts.

FettFan

i had heard a rumor that they kept a few Fantasia props, including Bacchus and Chernabog's body (sans wings)

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
They've been selling limited edition Spectromagic pins for each of the floats in the parks for the majority of this year. I have the trumpeteer pin and it has a tiny scrap of the float in the pin (according to the packaging).

harveyt0206

When I saw those Spectromagic pins in September, it made me sick to my stomach. I adored Spectro so much and to realize that it is completely gone....well, the nostalgic Disney fan in me was heartbroken.

mharrington

Original Poster
One reason I was asking about SpectroMagic is because I was thinking of doing my own parade, and as part of that, I was seeing if any part of the parade was salvageable for this new parade. You can look here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/make-your-own-parade.878971/#post-6446373.

I was particularly interested in the carousel float as part of the Fantasyland section. It was so wonderful. But if they're gone, including the carousel float, the only way out is to create a brand-new float from scratch.

Cmdr_Crimson

One reason I was asking about SpectroMagic is because I was thinking of doing my own parade, and as part of that, I was seeing if any part of the parade was salvageable for this new parade. You can look here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/make-your-own-parade.878971/#post-6446373.

I was particularly interested in the carousel float as part of the Fantasyland section. It was so wonderful. But if they're gone, including the carousel float, the only way out is to create a brand-new float from scratch.

As I stated above in my post above the Carousel float was on display at D23 Attraction Rewind and all lit up..However there was a no camera policy (which is mentioned in the article).

Brer Panther

For what it's worth, apparently the Sebastian figure on the Little Mermaid float in the Festival of Fantasy parade is from the Little Mermaid float from SpectroMagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom