Any non-character dining at Akershus?

trdisneyfan

Original Poster
I want to go to Norway's Akershus restaurant during my trip in Dec but it appears to be 100% character dining now. Can anyone confirm or clarify this?

Akershus used to be my favorite restaurant in Epcot but I might need to find a new one if the character dining aspect is unavoidable.

KentB3

trdisneyfan said:
I want to go to Norway's Akershus restaurant during my trip in Dec but it appears to be 100% character dining now. Can anyone confirm or clarify this?

Akershus used to be my favorite restaurant in Epcot but I might need to find a new one if the character dining aspect is unavoidable.

I believe Akershus now has character dining at all 3 meals now (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner), but what do you have against character dining? :confused:

barnum42

KentB3 said:
I believe Akershus now has character dining at all 3 meals now (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner), but what do you have against character dining? :confused:
I would guess, and this is my opinion, Akershus was a great place to sit down and enjoy a relaxing meal, taking in new flavours and generally chilling. That's not something you can do with hordes of excited kids tearing around the place and screaming.

inafog

I was just there and can confirm--it's all character dining now. Though I believe that you can still get Norwegian food at lunch and dinner. Breakfast was just breakfast, nothing special; I much preferred Chef Mickey's.

The characters who came for breakfast were Jasmine, Belle, Mulan, Snow White, and Mary Poppins. A bunch of dads kept trying to put their arms around Jasmine's shoulder for pictures and she kept intercepting and linking arms with them instead (it was really cleverly done). Also, the restaurant seemed to have two seatings for breakfast, 8:30 and 10:00; and I unexpectedly had an extra person in my group but they were able to seat all of us.

Hope this helps.

noname70

Can anyone confirm that the lunch/dinner menu is the same as before (I loved the seafood there) ? Is there still a buffet fline for lunch and dinner?

Foolish Mortal

barnum42 said:
I would guess, and this is my opinion, Akershus was a great place to sit down and enjoy a relaxing meal, taking in new flavours and generally chilling. That's not something you can do with hordes of excited kids tearing around the place and screaming.

Bingo !!!!! On ALL accounts. Akershus is one of my absolute favorite dinner places, i'll probably still go but it just won't be as enjoyable. It was always so calm and quiet. Not the craziness that character meals have. For the record I have nothing against character meals, been to a few and had a good time.

trdisneyfan

Original Poster
Whatever. I guess I'll just have to go somewhere else. I don't have anything against Character meals but our plans don't include any kids. And this is not anything I want to deal with while dropping almost $100 on dinner for 2 people (2 meals + drinks + tax + tip). I've been to a few character meals and they're much better suited for breakfast, lunch and overall much simpler food fare.

I would have been much happier if they had just had the Character meals during lunch and dinner.

Oh well. Time for my complaint letter to Disney...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
There's 14 restaurants at Epcot, only 2 of which have characters. There's also the Boardwalk which has a dedicated seafood restaurant Flying Fish mere footsteps away, Beach Club's Clam Bake at the Cape May, or even an adult meal at the Yachsman Steakhouse - or even more Seafood at Tood English's Bluezoo at the Dolphin.

Back in the park, there's even Coral Reef.

GAH!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom