Any News on "Lucky the Dinosaur"?

Unplugged

Original Poster
A few people I know (how many posts start this way?) have said they heard Lucky was going to make a second appearence but for fall of 2006. I searched the forums and rumors, but have seen nothing that validates this.

Has anyone heard anything? I'd love to see him again prior to his retirement ro R&D! :rolleyes:

cullama213

i have heard that he is in a storage facility at imagineering out in cali because none of the parks want to pay for him... on a side note, has anyone seen the orange juice commercial with this "trainer" on it?

PintoColvig

What's to pay for? Is it really that expensive to operate? If it is sitting in a warehouse somewhere, it would truly be a waste. Tell me it ain't true!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, different divisions of the same company often bill each other for services rendered.

So, I'm assuming that WDI is trying to charge whichever theme park that actually gets Lucky for the R&D and the animatronic itself.

Tim G

Well, different divisions of the same company often bill each other for services rendered.

So, I'm assuming that WDI is trying to charge whichever theme park that actually gets Lucky for the R&D and the animatronic itself.
Not quite...

Lucky is lended out, to every park that needs him (it)...
And the costs are shared between WDI and that paricular park...
Lucky is almost THE icon for every park... as well as for WDI

But it's not so that a park hasn't got sufficient funds for Lucky...
The comercial budgets are used for these "events"

But there has to be a real reason to get him (it)

Hope this helps...

Mecha Figment

Last i heard he was still in toyko , which is what he was originaly built for.

but I also heard another "Lucky" is being built. I say that in quotes because it's not actualy lucky but a newer character with newer techonology.

yoyoflamingo

in the 2007 Unofficial Guide, there is a sidebar by Jim Hill that claims Pocahontas may leave DAK for a show which will use a baby dragon like Lucky. Does this mean Lucky may be given a new skin and sent to DAK? Could be, but remember the source and reliability. I'm just telling you what I read is all.;)

MythBuster

Lucky was being shopped around to all the different parks, WDI was showing off it's new technology and any new park that was willing to pay for another Lucky or similar figure, WDI would customize it. But, of course, it comes out of that park's budget.

WDI Creative always comes out with great ideas and technology for new rides, shows, attractions, but unless someone foots the bill the ideas go nowhere.

Mecha Figment

isn't Lucky now part of DAK's logo? didn't he replace the Triceratops?

the triceratops and dragon are still there.

att_animal_kingdom.gif

Scar Junior

Not quite...

Lucky is lended out, to every park that needs him (it)...
And the costs are shared between WDI and that paricular park...
Lucky is almost THE icon for every park... as well as for WDI

But it's not so that a park hasn't got sufficient funds for Lucky...
The comercial budgets are used for these "events"

But there has to be a real reason to get him (it)

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the info Corrus!

I'm still confused about why Lucky would go to California, Paris, Hong Kong or Tokyo after this initial round. The character doesn't seem to fit a theme, thus, it would seem to me that Lucky should stay at AK. People claim that there isn't a whole lot there, maybe keeping Lucky as a regular performer would affect this persona (even if just a little bit... i.e. adding to the concept of: a different type of theme park with different experiences). Also, is the operating costs really that high for him? Is there anything one can compare it to?

NeedABreak

the triceratops and dragon are still there.

att_animal_kingdom.gif

I seem to remember this change as well. Somebody posted a picture of a sign from within the park that had a Lucky shaped shadow (I think where the triceritops is) I think we were all talking about how the dragon was still on the new sign.

metscool

Lucky is still not back yet. I want him back at AK because I never saw him. I want to meet Lucky. Am I the only one who hasn't seen Lucky?

Captain Chaos

Lucky is still not back yet. I want him back at AK because I never saw him. I want to meet Lucky. Am I the only one who hasn't seen Lucky?

I haven't seen him either... Only in video.... I think Lucky would be a great addition to the Dinorama area... Spruce it up a bit.....

napnet

I seem to remember this change as well. Somebody posted a picture of a sign from within the park that had a Lucky shaped shadow (I think where the triceritops is) I think we were all talking about how the dragon was still on the new sign.

The only sign i have ever seen with Lucky is this one from HCOE...

Lucky%20The%20Dinosaur%20Sign.jpg

PintoColvig

I'm still confused about why Lucky would go to California, Paris, Hong Kong or Tokyo after this initial round. The character doesn't seem to fit a theme, thus, it would seem to me that Lucky should stay at AK. People claim that there isn't a whole lot there, maybe keeping Lucky as a regular performer would affect this persona (even if just a little bit... i.e. adding to the concept of: a different type of theme park with different experiences).
I'm with you on this. When I heard that Lucky was not staying in AK, I was confused. There is only one logical place for him among the Disney parks and that is in Dinoland USA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom