Any new on Pop Warner ?

NEL

Has anyone heard any news on what hotels Pop Warner will use this year. We are only 3 months away and I have yet to hear it. I find it hard to believe that these hotels have not been choosen as of yet. I have booked at POFQ for Dec 6-10 and I am hoping that they will not stay there. I am also worried that they might stay at PORS and somehow FQ would get overflow that would negatively effect us. Has anyone been at FQ while Pop has been at RS, and if so were you impacted. Anyone have info on the hotels for this year. All information, opinions, suggestions, and past expereinces are welcomed.

Thanks !!!!

Buzz2001

Here is what I posted in another pop thread. I would assume that it will be the same as 2011.

In 2011, the choices were as follows:

"A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

In 2010, the choices were as follows:

"Three or more nights stay at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. All
participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 were the same as 2010.

Upvote 0

swissamy

We have been at WDW for the past 3 yrs at PopWarner time and each time All Star Sports has been OVERRUN with cheerleaders and football players - to the point of them putting signs warning of quiet hours in different areas - If you need a value, I would not go to AS Sports!!

Upvote 0

DonnaBell

I just checked the Pop Warner web site and the info has't been posted yet. Last year I don't think they posted until the middle of October. They are only on the second game of the season. The season ends just before Halloween and then the playoffs start.
I heard some where that they are keeping Caribbean Beach as the moderate resort. They tried POR a few years ago but it was too small. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! We are booked at POFQ from 11/29-12/8. My DH has been telling the grandboys that they need to win the states and regionals because we are already going to Disney! Lol!

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

they usually start at allstar sports sometimes overflow into the other value resorts right there. when they offer a moderate resort it's usually cbr. you should be fine at pofq. i'm sure disney has it all planned but right now even the pop warner website has last years info on it nothing new yet.

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
We have been at WDW for the past 3 yrs at PopWarner time and each time All Star Sports has been OVERRUN with cheerleaders and football players - to the point of them putting signs warning of quiet hours in different areas - If you need a value, I would not go to AS Sports!!
I dont plan to stay at a Value for that same reason, but I believe they also stay at one Mod. ANd I would be very upset if I spend the extra cash to stay at a Mod just to have a bad experience with Pop Warner. That is why I am worried.

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
I just checked the Pop Warner web site and the info has't been posted yet. Last year I don't think they posted until the middle of October. They are only on the second game of the season. The season ends just before Halloween and then the playoffs start.
I heard some where that they are keeping Caribbean Beach as the moderate resort. They tried POR a few years ago but it was too small. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! We are booked at POFQ from 11/29-12/8. My DH has been telling the grandboys that they need to win the states and regionals because we are already going to Disney! Lol!
I am also hoping they stay clear of both PO resorts. I know that the still have not announced the hotels and details online but the plans must already been done with Disney already, which means someone should already have some info and hopefully they are able and willing to share it with us.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts,
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. All participants/coaches must
book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels*

Saturday, December 1st through Saturday, December 9th

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

this is the first time i've seen coronado included but it makes sense from a location standpoint. i find it interesting that people have posted all over that they have trouble being there when pop warner is there but no one seems to have a problem with college nationals in jan, the high school/allstar nationals in feb, the allstars worlds qualifier in march, or allstar worlds in april. it seems to be a pop warner thing not a cheerleader thing. i wonder if it's because the pop warner kids have more free time on their hands so they're just in the parks more?

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Has anyone heard any news on what hotels Pop Warner will use this year. We are only 3 months away and I have yet to hear it. I find it hard to believe that these hotels have not been choosen as of yet. I have booked at POFQ for Dec 6-10 and I am hoping that they will not stay there. I am also worried that they might stay at PORS and somehow FQ would get overflow that would negatively effect us. Has anyone been at FQ while Pop has been at RS, and if so were you impacted. Anyone have info on the hotels for this year. All information, opinions, suggestions, and past expereinces are welcomed.

Thanks !!!!

As of now they are not scheduled to stay at either of the Port Orleans resorts. They are currently required to stay at the All-Stars, Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

As of now they are not scheduled to stay at either of the Port Orleans resorts. They are currently required to stay at the All-Stars, Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs.
Captain, sounds as if you work at WDW. If so, do you know what type of % stay at the values vs mods from Pop Warner?

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I personally wouldnt go during Pop Warner week if it were free. Not so much problems in the parks, its the buses and the resorts.

Agreed....it gets crazy. But...again Disney + Free = Crazy :p
75.gif

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

Football rooms will be booked after playoffs (which should be the first few weeks of nov) and cheer won't be booked until after Regionals, which can be as late as Thanksgiving. Depending on which place parents choose to stay will dictate if they need PO or not.

Honestly, I coach youth cheer and traveling with PW has been one of the easiest experiences of my life. Most busses are nuts at night but many of the kids compete or play all day. I would say almost everyone stays at the All Stars. If you're really worried I would not go during PW week. This year American Youth Football/Cheer and United Youth Football/Cheer will be holding their nationals in the Disney world area that week as well. While not on property most families will bring their kids to the world for at least a day on those weekends.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom