Any New News on the Legendary Years at Pop?

Champion

They are waiting for the Family Suites at All Star Music to be open for a while before they restart construction. This way they can see what they should build. About a year of data should give them what they need, and IIRC the rooms were finished about the end of May last year.

The rooms (in PC:LY) are getting to the point where they are needed, especially during the busier times.

I would expect construction to restart by the end of the year. I don't know if they will have an announcement as to 'we are going to finish PC' but they may.

The only intangible that is in the works is how much resort construction Disney wants going on at once.

You have both AKL DVC and Contemp DVC being worked on, AKL DVC first obviously. I don't know if Disney would want to have construction of three resorts going on at around the same time, especially if you consider the Western Beltway Property as well.

DisJosh

If they are ever finished I would love to stay there.

Anyone know how he got that footage w/o being caught?

EpcotServo

That's a cool video. It's such a shame, those would've been neat. (I'd like to stay in the 40's!)

But now they've actully been sitting there for SO long, I don't know if I'd stay in them!

Looks like a good place for a Zombie Horror game though!
:lol:

flynnibus

Premium Member
There really is nothing around there... a security patrol would have to see you. Obviously this guy jumped the fence :)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I've been kind of intrigued by the Legendary Years since discovering this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSc1fG0ETeY

As far as I can tell, no one knows for sure when (or if) they're planning to restart construction. Anyone have anything new to report?

That was a cool video. I've never seen the Legendary Years up close like that before. It's kind of creepy in its unfinished state! With the wind blowing in the background, and the scary looking buildings, I kept expecting a chainsaw wielding psycho to jump out!

DisJosh

I'd think at this point it would be more efficient and probably more cost effective to start from scratch if they are going to go through with them.

I want an invisibility cloak! Can you get them on ebay? :D

DisneyPirate85

I was there in July of 2005, we saw those but we had no idea it was part of POP! How interesting, Any word if they will restart construction? We'll be there on June 30 If we see anything we'll post it.:wave:

jmvd20

Based upon that footage they stopped the construction at the right time. All the walls and ceilings are concrete, exterior finishes are on and there isn't anything inside that could be damaged from sitting there. These buildings could be completed quickly and effieciently if needed or desired. WDW knew what they were doing when the halted the construction at this phase.

However it is a horribly bad show to have these buildings sitting there like that.

EpcotGrl

It looks so ugly as you drive up towards Pop to see the unfinished buildings :(

When I was there in January, there were all sorts of stories flying on the bus. How this hotel was there when Disney bought the property, but started sinking & was partially demolished... This one guy was insistent that there were murders at this hotel. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was just the other half of Pop :ROFLOL:

Rayray

It really is a shame that the WDW team doesn't deem a sight like that as unacceptable.

They put a tarp the size of Texas around some park buildings to cover up unsightly construction, but they leave brown buildings out in the open for guests to view.

This is really one of the more ridiculous sights at WDW. (They build DVC resorts and approve DVC expansions but don't dish out a budget to repair an eyesore, one that would eventually pay back for its costs mind you.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom