Any love for the turkey legs

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why is eating a turkey leg any worse than eating any other part of a turkey?

Does eating a chicken leg gross people out also?

Britt

I think the sheer size of it is what grosses most people out...it's almost as big as peoples faces....lol.

PUSH

I don't have a problem with people eating a turkey leg. For me, it's just the way they are eaten that grosses me out. Same with chicken legs, it grosses me out when people use their hands to eat them. There's nothing wrong with eating them that way, but I just find it gross. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

unkadug

I don't have a problem with people eating a turkey leg. For me, it's just the way they are eaten that grosses me out. Same with chicken legs, it grosses me out when people use their hands to eat them. There's nothing wrong with eating them that way, but I just find it gross. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)
Being raised in the south, Fried Chicken is perfectly acceptable to be eaten with your hands....Turkey is just a really big chicken, so I see nothing wrong with eating a Turkey Leg with your hands.

PUSH

Being raised in the south, Fried Chicken is perfectly acceptable to be eaten with your hands....Turkey is just a really big chicken, so I see nothing wrong with eating a Turkey Leg with your hands.

I grew up in the north, and my mom kind of planted it in my head that it's better to use a fork, knife, etc. She's also planted it in my head that smacking your food should annoy you. Smacking is one of my biggest pet peeves.

FettFan

Have you ever eaten a turkey leg? It's FULL of tendons. HARD tendons....like plastic skewers shoved into it.

It's quite possibly the worst part of the turkey. Id rather just have a sliced turkey breast pita wrap. :p

unkadug

Have you ever eaten a turkey leg? It's FULL of tendons. HARD tendons....like plastic skewers shoved into it.

It's quite possibly the worst part of the turkey. Id rather just have a sliced turkey breast pita wrap. :p
Sure I have...we use to eat them as a kid because it was a challenge....I've never eaten one in the park, but I see nothing wrong with it. I also don't eat cotton candy...but it IS a theme park! Let people have some fun.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The turkey leg is like getting Mickey ears, you go tomDismey World you have to have a turkey leg, I like them but I have had better and would take a fat cookie over a turkey leg any day.

FettFan

Also...the only good turkey leg is one that is injected with Cajun Injector Creole Butter marinade, and seasoned with Tony Chacheres.

The Empress Lilly

I tried one last trip again. I didn't get very far. Astonishingly, those legs manage to be both greasy and dry at the same time. Yuk.

I think some of the stereotype about the Turkey legs is aimed at their being a bit of an ungainly sight, and having a thousand calories. The 'Wall-E' jokes about people in scooters gnawing on them write themselves.

FettFan

8827_1219255796968_1096094934_30697615_4688746_n-300x224.jpg

Second verse, same as the first!

Mikester71

Tried one on our last trip after reading about them on here and have to say - NOT A FAN! Only took a couple of bites before handing it off to my son. Immediately regretted even trying it and couldn't get the taste out of my mouth fast enough. It's everything you guys already described above me here - greasy, dry, salty, bland, full of tendons, etc, etc,... As far as I'm concerned, doesn't even taste like turkey at all. Had more of a salty, ham taste to it to me. :confused:

On an unrelated note, tried the Dole Whip float (after always reading about them on here too) on our third trip and fell in LOVE with it! Had a few that trip and a few more on our fourth trip. Weird thing is - I HATE pineapple! Strange or what?! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom