Any know about/have a professional job as WDW?

MKingdom25

Original Poster
I am wondering if there is anybody out there that has a professional job at WDW or knows about them. I have a bachelor's degree in MIS and have been working tech support for that last 2 years. I am curious as to what the professional jobs are like and how much time you actually spend at WDW parks. I would like to actually work in the parks but want something that pays than the normal $6-7 hours jobs (or whatever it is).
Would appreciate any info. Thanks! :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Tech Support at WDW does pay more than $6-7...considerably more. But most people I know, have come in from other companies, making twice as much, and only stay at Disney for a year or two, since it looks soooooooooo damn good on a resume.

I suggest mailing WDW a resume and seeing what happens from there

tahoe98

All I know...

All I know is that I have been applying for ANY "professional" position for more than 9 months, and have heard NOTHING from them.

It's quite :veryconfu .

Anyway...good luck.

Ben

MKingdom25

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
Tech Support at WDW does pay more than $6-7...considerably more. But most people I know, have come in from other companies, making twice as much, and only stay at Disney for a year or two, since it looks soooooooooo damn good on a resume.

I suggest mailing WDW a resume and seeing what happens from there

Thanks. Know much about the non-tech support jobs? When I finally leave my tech support job now, I am hoping to not go back to doing that. Thanks for any info you have.

wyattkelly

I'm moving to FLorida in December, and hoping hoping HOPING to get a job at Disney. It's cheesy, but I was never happier then working there...and now I've got a couple years of tech support under my belt. As a grad of the college program, I'm hoping to sneak in somewhere.;) Wish me luck!

cm1988

You I.T. folks...

If you'll excuse an unqualified opinion, you talented I.T. folks moving to the area may want to consider consulting if monster.com and your WDW contacts don't open the right doors. And yes, good luck to you!

MKingdom25

Original Poster
Re: You I.T. folks...

Originally posted by cm1988
If you'll excuse an unqualified opinion, you talented I.T. folks moving to the area may want to consider consulting if monster.com and your WDW contacts don't open the right doors. And yes, good luck to you!

You mean consulting for Disney or just general consulting in the meantime?

cm1988

Consulting

Originally posted by MKingdom25

You mean consulting for Disney or just general consulting in the meantime?
A qualified I.T. person (developer, systems engineer, support technician, business analyst, architect; whatever!) should be in a position to "audition" consulting companies. One relevant question to ask would be what types of businesses use that consulting company's services. That would be a good indication if WDW were one of their customers.

If you consider the interview an audition of potential employers - where you graciously provide a resume and cheerfully and earnestly answer questions about yourself, your confidence and poise will lead to more opportunities. You may find yourself with the dilemma of a great job offer outside of WDW. Would it be a mistake then to take the opportunity? Oh, to have the skill set that would put me in that position!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom