Any info on canceling a 4 park/4 day tickets for $89 a day promotion

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
I have a trip planned for the end of August and we are planning on canceling it. We have the magic ticket promotion for one theme park per day for 4 days. It was $89 a day or $356 for the total. I haven't contacted customer service yet, because I know they are dealing with people that had existing trips during the closer. Does anybody have any info into what they might do with people that have these tickets?
Thanks

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I have a trip planned for the end of August and we are planning on canceling it. We have the magic ticket promotion for one theme park per day for 4 days. It was $89 a day or $356 for the total. I haven't contacted customer service yet, because I know they are dealing with people that had existing trips during the closer. Does anybody have any info into what they might do with people that have these tickets?
Thanks
Normally a wholly unused ticket that expires would just become a voucher ($356 off the purchase of a WDW ticket). It’s possible Disney has extended your ticket expiration, you can check in MDE.

However, I have heard rumors of people getting refunds in the last 48 hours by calling, which Disney does not normally do with promotional tickets. But only if the ticket was purchased directly from Disney.

RScottyL

IMO, 4 days at WDW is not long enough, especially if it is during the busy times. That would only be good at their slowest times!

It will be better than nothing, but 5-6 days would be better!

Giss Neric

Thanks
It's up to you. Are you guys canceling it for August and go in the near future or just cancel it and not go at all? What if they extend the validity of the promotion so that you can just reschedule it but not cancel?

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
It's up to you. Are you guys canceling it for August and go in the near future or just cancel it and not go at all? What if they extend the validity of the promotion so that you can just reschedule it but not cancel?
We were going to reschedule for early next year if possible.

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
Normally a wholly unused ticket that expires would just become a voucher ($356 off the purchase of a WDW ticket). It’s possible Disney has extended your ticket expiration, you can check in MDE.

However, I have heard rumors of people getting refunds in the last 48 hours by calling, which Disney does not normally do with promotional tickets. But only if the ticket was purchased directly from Disney.
Thanks for the info. I thought they were only extending tickets for people that had trips planned between The closing and the re-opening. Are they also doing this for trips that were planned later this year?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I thought they were only extending tickets for people that had trips planned between The closing and the re-opening. Are they also doing this for trips that were planned later this year?
I haven’t heard anything specific to the promo ticket you have but people with parkhoppers both during and after the closure reported on another message board site they were extended until Sept 26 2021.

Tinkerfan4ever

I also have tickets as part of this promotion, the 4 Park Magic Ticket. We have a trip planned 8/3-8/7. I have been watching to see what they do with these tickets, but I just logged on to MDE and sure enough, the end date is now 9/26/2021.
I am still going to wait and hopefully get more info from Disney, but it is good to see that I shouldn't lose the money on those tickets.

thomas998

IMO, 4 days at WDW is not long enough, especially if it is during the busy times. That would only be good at their slowest times!

It will be better than nothing, but 5-6 days would be better!
Give the elimination of parades, fireworks, shows and meet and greets 1 day per park might be too much time.

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
I also have tickets as part of this promotion, the 4 Park Magic Ticket. We have a trip planned 8/3-8/7. I have been watching to see what they do with these tickets, but I just logged on to MDE and sure enough, the end date is now 9/26/2021.
I am still going to wait and hopefully get more info from Disney, but it is good to see that I shouldn't lose the money on those tickets.
That's great! Thanks for the info.

Hcalvert

I have both a one day flexible ticket with hopper and another 1 day ticket in my account. One was set to expire at the end of this year and the other was supposed to be used by September 30, 2020---both have been extended through 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom