Any ideas for a special evening?

batchler

We are Vacation Club members and going to Disney World this December (This will be our fourth trip). Mother-in-law is also going and I wanted to take advantage of her presence one evening to watch the kiddos. I am looking for ideas on a special evening that I could plan for just my wife and I. Had thought about Cirque Du Soleil, which is an idea. Would like to keep the cost down but at the same time want it to be fun and special.

Any help would be appeciated!

Lance

If you want to keep the price down, I highly recommend you don't go to Cirque de Soleil. It is outrageously overpriced.

Of course, I highly dislike the circus of the sun, because I have seen parts on TV, and I really thought it wasn't my cup of soup.

Upvote 0

markymark

I think that Cirque De Soleil, whilst being quite pricey (I thinkit's about $65-$70) is so worth the money. We went last year and found it one of the best nights we have ever had in WDW. Unfortunately, if you are worried about cost, it is not going to be a cheap evening, especially as you will have to get dinner too.

Another idea might be going to Pleasure Island, and taking in the Adventurers Club etc.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

First: Start out the evening early with a massage at the Grand Floridian Spa. As part of the package you can use their facilities (exercise room, locker room, etc.) Get ready for your evening out here.

Second: Dinner at Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney

Third: Dancing at Pleasure Island

Fourth: Cocktails at O'Hana's Lounge. Take your drinks and stroll along the beach at the Polynesian or grab a hammock for two along the beach and stare at Cinderella's Castle across Seven Seas Lagoon.

It's not exactly cheap but hey, you're on vacation.

Upvote 0

Maria

Unlike Lance, I do like Cirque du Soleil a lot. Just imagine you are going to a Broadway Show, because it is exactly what it is! You don´t have to dress up for this one though, but you could if you want to...

I would then have dinner at Bongo´s since you are already there...

Enjoy!! :)

Upvote 0

batchler

Original Poster
Thank you all for the responses. It has given me several good ideas. I appreciate the feedback and it looks like I will have to impose on the mother-in-law more than one night!!

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

wdwrules

me and my wife were looking for something different to do last year than we usually do so we went to cirque de sol. it was about $75 dollars a piece i think but we both loved it. its a lot different in person than what you see on tv. its like a lot of things at disney, youll never see anything else like it anywhere

Upvote 0

Invero

Cirque du Soleil was by far the most AMAZING shows I have ever seen... the physical feats these people can do... I swear... they defy gravity. If you can afford it, definitly, a must see. It's approx $75 per person... the show is about 1hr 45mins long... live music... it's a lot of fun...

As for other ideas for a special evening... there are so many things to do at the Resort, some more widely know than others. I suggest talking to Guest Services at your resort when you get there. They know virtually everything there, and they can help you plan a truly magical night. :)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

You know, I had a lovely evening when we just strolled the Boardwalk, walked on the beach, and went to Jellyroll's. It wasn't expensive and we had a lot of fun.... Just stop short of being caught by Disney security, and you should be fine. ;)

Upvote 0

batchler

Original Poster
Great idea CraigW!

I never thought about hiring the mother-in-law out. She loves Disney as much as we do and I am sure jump at the opportunity to make extra $$ to turn around and spend it at WDW!

I can honestly say I am lucky in the mother-in-law department!:)

Upvote 0

batchler

Original Poster
Cirque du Soleil

To those that attended Cirque du Soleil:

Are there any secrets to the Cirque du Soleil experience?

Get there early? Buy tickets in advance? Seating preferences?

We had the opportinuty to see one of the Cirque du Soleil shows that came to the Dallas area. I am glad that we did not, since I think seeing it in a large arena probably takes away from the experience.

I saw on of their shows on A&E and was amazed. I am sure that the up close experience will be even more amazing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom