Any Hidden Mickey Enthusiasts?

Djsfantasi

Here is one I found on a building in Animal Kingdom.
8150727A-7FEF-4C9B-8AB7-097A7DE2498D.jpeg
48FB6881-3F6B-4974-9337-99532A95CD1D.jpeg

macsmom

In the food court of POP Century, there are at least 2 in the tiles on the floor. I found them on my first solo trip and didn't have anyone to share my excitement with.

Walt Disney1955

I have read "Hidden Mickeys of Disney World" as well as the Disneyland version. I love them. The Mickey in the clouds lying on his back at the "Zip-a-dee-do-da" scene in Splash Mountain is still there isn't it? That one was incredible. In the middle of Splash Mountain there is an obvious knot in a rope that is a head and two ears.

Peter Pan's exterior sign has one and it is mickey ears posing as a cloud under Peter Pan's feet.

The cookies as you enter Peter Pan in the first scene are on the plate in the children's bedroom. You blink and you miss it, but it's there.

The Koala in Small World is an obvious nod to a Hidden Mickey. He just looks different than all of the others and his ears are positioned perfectly.

The end of the sword in the picture with George Washington in the waiting room of Hall of Presidents is a nice one to find.

Mickey's Philharmagic has one in the scene where Aladdin is floating on the carpet. One of the clouds is a hidden mickey. I think the champagne scene has an obvious one with the bubbles too.

Tower of Terror, the scene where you are watching the family going into the elevator the girl has a plush mickey doll, but it is hidden in a way where you have to look for it.

If I can find that book somewhere in my house I know there are more.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
They took out the Splash Mountain Hidden Mickey in the clouds and they also took out the cookies in Peter Pan during the latest refurb. The best Hidden Mickey in Philarmagic is the one where Lumiere says "it's delicious" and when he does he folds his hands and makes an awesome Hidden Mickey. Also when Aladdin is on the carpet there is a Hidden Donald in the clouds. The backs of some chairs in the Haunted Mansion also make Hidden Donalds as well.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If it isn't an exact likeness it isn't a Hidden Mickey.

In most cases I've found with uber hidden mickey fanatics; they have a tendency to make that blob they're seeing into a hidden mickey. Pareidolia is strong in the parks. Definitely a vast majority of the hidden mickeys are intentional but there's also a good bit that people are making "official" simply because they want it to be one.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
The Haunted Mansion has the three plates on the table in the dinner party scene. There are three cogs at end of the BTMRR on the right that make a hidden Mickey.
The best one, in my opinion, is the flamingo island in the safari that makes a hidden Mickey.
I believe half my fun in the parks is looking for hidden Mickeys.
Not a hidden Mickey, but everyone knows about the key hidden under the welcome mat at the Muppet Vision 3D, right?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
The Haunted Mansion has the three plates on the table in the dinner party scene. There are three cogs at end of the BTMRR on the right that make a hidden Mickey.
The best one, in my opinion, is the flamingo island in the safari that makes a hidden Mickey.
I believe half my fun in the parks is looking for hidden Mickeys.
Not a hidden Mickey, but everyone knows about the key hidden under the welcome mat at the Muppet Vision 3D, right?
My favorite Hidden Mickey on the Haunted Mansion is the Mickey head being held up in the tomb at the end of the graveyard. That is an absolutely epic Hidden Mickey. There is also an enormous Hidden Mickey under the Train Station but you literally have to stand in the right place by the flagpole to see it. Most people don't know about that one but it's there. Of course the Steamboat Willie one at the end of Under The Sea is incredible as well and there's a Hidden Oswald on the Mine Train and also a Hidden Oswald in the ground outside Be Our Guest.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
My favorite Hidden Mickey on the Haunted Mansion is the Mickey head being held up in the tomb at the end of the graveyard. That is an absolutely epic Hidden Mickey. There is also an enormous Hidden Mickey under the Train Station but you literally have to stand in the right place by the flagpole to see it. Most people don't know about that one but it's there. Of course the Steamboat Willie one at the end of Under The Sea is incredible as well and there's a Hidden Oswald on the Mine Train and also a Hidden Oswald in the ground outside Be Our Guest.
Oooh. I didn’t know about the graveyard. I’m aware of the train station, but have never seen it. I’ve seen steamboat, but i haven’t seen either of the Oswald’s. But I’ll be there end of July and now have a mission. Thanks!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
Oooh. I didn’t know about the graveyard. I’m aware of the train station, but have never seen it. I’ve seen steamboat, but i haven’t seen either of the Oswald’s. But I’ll be there end of July and now have a mission. Thanks!
No problem. Just at the end of the graveyard when you see the Fat Lady singing turn and look in the crypt and there is a ghost holding a Mickey head up like he has just ripped it off. It's pretty macabre for a Hidden Mickey. LOL! You can probably find it online somewhere I'd say.

Walt Disney1955

They took out the Splash Mountain Hidden Mickey in the clouds and they also took out the cookies in Peter Pan during the latest refurb. The best Hidden Mickey in Philarmagic is the one where Lumiere says "it's delicious" and when he does he folds his hands and makes an awesome Hidden Mickey. Also when Aladdin is on the carpet there is a Hidden Donald in the clouds. The backs of some chairs in the Haunted Mansion also make Hidden Donalds as well.

That's too bad, because the clouds one in Splash Mountain was incredible. Why even mess with that one? When we went last year and I didn't see it I just figured I wasn't looking properly for it and missed it.

The one in Haunted Mansion with the plates at the end of the table is clearly an intentional hidden mickey. No mistake about that one. Swiss Family Treehouse has a similar one where there is a big plate and two saucers laid out on a table.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
That's too bad, because the clouds one in Splash Mountain was incredible. Why even mess with that one? When we went last year and I didn't see it I just figured I wasn't looking properly for it and missed it.

The one in Haunted Mansion with the plates at the end of the table is clearly an intentional hidden mickey. No mistake about that one. Swiss Family Treehouse has a similar one where there is a big plate and two saucers laid out on a table.
Yeah the Splash Mountain one in the clouds was a true beauty and I just always loved looking at it because it was like Mickey was just laying there keeping watch over his kingdom or something. I'm a devout Hidden Mickey fanatic and that one was definitely near the top for me. The crypt in the Haunted Mansion is my absolute favorite and I'd say the Garden Grill one in the corn is my second favorite. My favorite in Hollywood Studios is maybe the sheet music in the library of the Tower of Terror of the Mickey Mouse March.

Walt Disney1955

Yeah the Splash Mountain one in the clouds was a true beauty and I just always loved looking at it because it was like Mickey was just laying there keeping watch over his kingdom or something. I'm a devout Hidden Mickey fanatic and that one was definitely near the top for me. The crypt in the Haunted Mansion is my absolute favorite and I'd say the Garden Grill one in the corn is my second favorite. My favorite in Hollywood Studios is maybe the sheet music in the library of the Tower of Terror of the Mickey Mouse March.

I'll have to find the Tower of Terror one the next time I'm there.

I'll bite on this one and maybe someone else will too, but.....................in the Haunted Mansion when you go past the creaking coffin scene with the hands trying to open it, but it does sound a bit like Donald's voice trying to get out. I don't know, I know it has sort of been debunked as being the sound of the "creaking" hinges and such and maybe it is. But man has that ever had me convinced certain times I've gone through.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
I'll have to find the Tower of Terror one the next time I'm there.

I'll bite on this one and maybe someone else will too, but.....................in the Haunted Mansion when you go past the creaking coffin scene with the hands trying to open it, but it does sound a bit like Donald's voice trying to get out. I don't know, I know it has sort of been debunked as being the sound of the "creaking" hinges and such and maybe it is. But man has that ever had me convinced certain times I've gone through.
There's a voice that says "let me out of here" during that scene. I think it's just a generic voice because the history of Hidden Mickey's dictate that only the imagineer that designed something is the one that makes a "Hidden" thing "official". That's the problem with the Steven Barrett book is that some of what he terms a "Hidden Mickey" actually isn't considered one. I talked with a tour guide years ago on the Mickey's Magical Milestones Tour and he was railing against Steven Barrett because of how many liberties he takes in calling things Hidden Mickey's and he was the one that told me about how things are "official" or not. I'm not sure everyone knows or not but Hidden Mickey's only actually exist because Disney employees aren't allowed to put their names on their work and so as sort of an inside joke they started putting Hidden Mickey's in places and would talk about them among themselves and it was also a way to get Mickey in EPCOT because Disney had said that he could only be in the MK and so they would hide him in things in EPCOT as sort of a funny form of protest. Hence the reason there were no Hidden Mickey's in the original attractions of MK until they were put there during refurbs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom