Any hidden gems out there?

redfive13

Original Poster
I've been to WDW plenty of times and I'm starting to feel like I've eaten at most of the good places (table or QS) and must-do spots. I'm hoping for some suggestions on some great food or treats that may be hiding out at the "lesser-known" or at least less talked about establishments.

Any suggestions?

Pioneer Hall

Sanaa, although I think word is starting spread more about how good the restaurant is. The food is unique and in my opinion very good.

jikobean

Another vote for Sanaa. Great food and atmosphere. Jiko is also amazing, especially sitting at the chef table where the flat breads are prepared!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I was going to say Sanaa, too! However, I'm not sure it's that hidden anymore. Lots of people talk about it now.

Pioneer Hall

I personally also like Trail's End which doesn't tend to get a ton of attention. The food on the buffet is pretty basic (fried chicken, ribs, chili, pasta, etc) but the price is pretty good as far as Disney goes and I think it is good. It's location at Fort Wilderness makes it a little difficult to get to, but if you take the boat from MK then you are right there. I usually can get a table here without making an ADR during most days of the year.

real mad hatter

Spice is nice.

Well Glasgow,Scotland,being the Indian capital of curries,I love spicy food and Sanna hits the spot tho as other people say,the word is out,and yes Jikos is awesome.

redfive13

Original Poster
I've been to Jiko & Boma but never Sanaa... It sounds like I need to check this out. And yes, the Plaza is nice, I have an ADR there for my upcoming trip

wolf359

Lunch at the Plaza Restaurant is nice.
Dinner at Kona Cafe followed by Wishes from the Polynesian beach.
Roaring Fork has some good made-to-order sandwiches.

NiarrNDisney

Well here are a few great secrets:

MK - Launch Pad (Cream Cheese filled Pretzels), Plaza Reataurant (needn't say anything), Sleepy Hollow (Chicken & Wild Rice Soup and Mickey Waffles)

DHS - Min & Bills (Sandwich's and Shakes), Starring Rolls (Sushi and Sandwich's)

DAK - Restaurantosaurus (Po Boy's), Safari Eggrolls (Must have snack)

DTD - Cookes of Dublin (Just Yum!)

Resorts -
AKLKV - Sanaa (1 of my Fav's)
BWR - BoardWalk To Go (Great carnival fare)
CR - The Wave ( Contemporary Health Conscience Food)
CSR - Laguna Bar (Yummy Flat breads and other appetizers)
Dolphin - Cabana Bar & Beach Club (Gotta Try it for Lunch), The Fountain (50's Soda Shop mmm Shakes)
FWR - Trails End To Go (Best Fried Chicken)
SSR - Turf Club (One of the Best)
Y&BCR - Hurricane Hanna's (Seriously its great for a quick bite)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom