Any CM's-Camera ? for you

mills

Original Poster
I recently bought a new camera for my September trip. One mode on it is museum, which has no flash but emits a green laser light for a split second. On other modes(and video mode), the green light is visible for longer periods. Would this split second of green laser light be a no no on these no flash rides?

dolbyman

you mean a laser holographic focusing system ?

lasers are punctual .. so wont affect the cameras (unless directly aiming at the)

but are you sure you want to anny guest with a laser grid whenever you take a photo ? ... my advice is to turn that off

mills

Original Poster
From what I understand, it's used for light exposure:confused: and can't be turned off in any mode. I wouldn't want to bother other quests, but it is a really short shot of light in this mode. Other modes, the light stays on for a couple of seconds and video it stays on constantly. I was thinking of Haunted Mansion, which probably wouldn't effect other riders, or the Great Movie Ride, which may bother other guests(based on where I'm seated).

dolbyman

what camera is it? .. I somehow doubt it's for exposure .. like I said I've only seen lasers for focusing ..

and you can always AF assist lamps or lasers off ..

Sounds like holographic focus assist, I had a Sony Mavica that used it. It can be turned off within the setup menus on that model. I'd agree that it should be disabled on no-flash rides, it does "paint" the subject for a few seconds before your shot and would ruin some effects for other riders and could show up in other people's pictures.

BTW, does anyone else use the Mavica series? They have the best low-light performance I've seen, I got great on-ride pics with that camera!

brertigger

You could always cover the light source up with your finger. Not ideal, but it would block a lot of the laser light from distracting other guests.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
brertigger said:
You could always cover the light source up with your finger. Not ideal, but it would block a lot of the laser light from distracting other guests.
Or duct tape.

There's no problem so great that can't be remedied with duct tape. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom