Any changes to Fantasmic seating?

mp2bill

Original Poster
I'm not one to complain about something Disney does/doesn't do, and I usually don't want to bring up a subject that might make other Disney fans complain. However, I was listening to dtuneslive.com today when the Fantasmic area music came up, and they have the announcement that's played before the gates open for the show.

I noticed that the announcement suggests that you show up at the gates at least an hour before the show so that you can get seating, and it made me wonder if they'll ever expand on the seating for the show.

Now, I know that there are rumors going around that this is the last year for Fantasmic, so it might be a moot point, but assuming that the show doesn't close or that they replace it and still use the stadium, you'd think that they'd want people out and about in the park for as long as possible so that they could make sales on merchandise. Or do you think that they make up for those lost sales with sales of food and drink of those stuck in the stadium for an hour before each show?

Just a thought.

rct247

When there are two showings, the first show even to this day nearly always reaches standing room only if not full to capacity, but the second show hardly ever reaches standing room and usually has whole seating sections at the ends empty!

It doesn't need more seating. People just need to listen to guide books, websites, and cast members that all say the second show is far less crowded and usually more enjoyable for that very reason.

No matter how much you try to convince people to see the 2nd show, there are still those who would rather leave and not see it than see the 2nd because "it's too late for their little ones", even though they will probably stay up that late the very next night to make sure they see Wishes.

mike10

Agreed I went to the show and it was basically end but that was the 1st show but I don't think there is a second show in October.

But my advice if it gets too crowded too fast just go in the season when it's dead. Guide books are the best for determining those times of the year and those are the ONLY time of the year I go unless I become a local.

mickey2008.1

About the food and drink sales, i believe this was just added two years ago, and i love it. But i go in december, did they do tis before that, or was it just recently added? does make alot of money.

Rob562

About the food and drink sales, i believe this was just added two years ago, and i love it. But i go in december, did they do tis before that, or was it just recently added? does make alot of money.

There have been concessions in the amphitheater since it first opened in the late 90's.

-Rob

Rob562

Iknow there were concessions, but when did they start the ballpark atmosphere with people alking up and down the stands selling items?

I remember them being there the first year or two, but I do believe their numbers have increased in recent years.

-Rob

mp2bill

Original Poster
When there are two showings, the first show even to this day nearly always reaches standing room only if not full to capacity, but the second show hardly ever reaches standing room and usually has whole seating sections at the ends empty!

It doesn't need more seating. People just need to listen to guide books, websites, and cast members that all say the second show is far less crowded and usually more enjoyable for that very reason.

No matter how much you try to convince people to see the 2nd show, there are still those who would rather leave and not see it than see the 2nd because "it's too late for their little ones", even though they will probably stay up that late the very next night to make sure they see Wishes.

Hmmm, I did not know that. I was following the advice of my cousin. I have no little ones, so next time I visit, I'm going to the late show. Thanks for the tip!

P.S. - An added bonus must be that you can hit up the popular rides with little wait times.

RiversideBunny

We have arrived an hour early.
We have also arrived within 15 minutes of the show.

Only difference was that when early we sat in the middle.
When within 15 minutes we were in the section all the way on the left.

You know what-

Both places work quite well. There are no bad seats there.
Conclusion: It's really not worth sitting there for an hour waiting for the show to start. As long as you get a seat, you're fine.

:)

Biff215

We're big fans of the dining package which guarantees you a seat. You still have to be there 30 minutes ahead of time but it beats an hour or two. I'd bet the concessions make enough money to offset those guests not being in the actual park, especially on a hot night. Some of my coworkers used to work overtime at Fantasmic in 2000, so that is nothing new.

To answer the OP, I don't think adding seats is a thought for Disney. I also don't think the show will end anytime soon. IMHO.

rct247

New bit of advice, during July, we have our wonder South American tour groups in large numbers at the park, plan accordingly.

Last night, the first showing of Fantasmic at 9:00pm reached standing room only by 7:45pm. The theater had only been open for 20minutes and all seats (minus dinning package) were filled. The majority of this crowd was tour groups.

In this case, you much get there extremely early or just go to the second show. The second show at 10:30 had all seats filled at its start at 10:30. At 10:00pm, the line to get to that show was stretched from the entrance to Fantasmic all the way to the end of Sunset Blvd near the tip board. They all got seats. There were only a couple tour groups in the second show.

mp2bill

Original Poster
New bit of advice, during July, we have our wonder South American tour groups in large numbers at the park, plan accordingly.

Last night, the first showing of Fantasmic at 9:00pm reached standing room only by 7:45pm. The theater had only been open for 20minutes and all seats (minus dinning package) were filled. The majority of this crowd was tour groups.

In this case, you much get there extremely early or just go to the second show. The second show at 10:30 had all seats filled at its start at 10:30. At 10:00pm, the line to get to that show was stretched from the entrance to Fantasmic all the way to the end of Sunset Blvd near the tip board. They all got seats. There were only a couple tour groups in the second show.

Jeebus!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom