Any Chance the Indiana Jones Ride Will Be Put into a Disney World Park?

PacMan2006

Original Poster
I went on this ride for the first time ever in DL, and I thought it was very good. Reminds me of the dinosaur ride in AK.

I know WDW has the stunt spectacular, but with all the land Disney owns, and four parks, I'm sure they can fix the Indy ride in there somewhere.

Anyone know?

From what I have read, Dinosaur is a track for track replics of Indy from DL. So although WDW may someday get an Indy ride, I doubt they will use a track replica of the DL version.

Katherine

There was rumor on a thread saying that the reason they didn't put the Indy Jones Ride in MGM was because Animal Kingdom wanted to be the one and only park at WDW with that kind of ride vehicle for a while to draw visitors.

jedimusik

Originally posted by WilliamK99
From what I have read, Dinosaur is a track for track replics of Indy from DL. So although WDW may someday get an Indy ride, I doubt they will use a track replica of the DL version.

I've been on both rides, and while the vehicle is the same, and the "feel" of the ride is smilar, the tracks are nothing alike. Indy kind of has you going in and out of the same big room, revisiting previously seen territory, whereas Dinosaur is one long track through constantly new territory - an improvement I think. Dinosaur is also longer, IIRC. If they do an Indy themed ride in WDW, I hope it is more along the lines of Dinosaur.

IMHO, Dinosaur is also the only truly "scary" attraction at WDW. I've ridden it numerous times, and that Carnotaur in the dark still gets me concerned.

adr315

Originally posted by jedimusik
I've been on both rides, and while the vehicle is the same, and the "feel" of the ride is smilar, the tracks are nothing alike. Indy kind of has you going in and out of the same big room, revisiting previously seen territory, whereas Dinosaur is one long track through constantly new territory - an improvement I think. Dinosaur is also longer, IIRC. If they do an Indy themed ride in WDW, I hope it is more along the lines of Dinosaur.

IMHO, Dinosaur is also the only truly "scary" attraction at WDW. I've ridden it numerous times, and that Carnotaur in the dark still gets me concerned.

Actually, Dinosaur's track is an EXACT clone of Indy at DL.

jedimusik

Can someone from Imagineering weigh in on this?

The only way I can see the track being the same, is in the actual metallic layout of it.

Obviously the look of the ride is different because of different theming, but it's a more profound difference than that. Indy consists mainly of one huge room (with the bridge, etc.), and you swing in and out of it over and over. Dinosaur: you never revisit the same room at all, and it's a smaller, claustrophobic type thing.

Even then, it's hard to imagine it being an exact clone - because Indy is so much shorter (I guess, the cars could travel faster on Indy, shortening the time.)

Moustronaut

Originally posted by jedimusik

Yea it is the same track layout going in and out of one big room. Amazing what you can do with just some lighting and small partitions.

Haven't been on the DL indy ride but the Temple of the Crystal Skull at TDS is totally wild with the glowing green tornado.

Personally I don't care if it would be a clone of the same track layout, the theming and environment and ride experience are totally different and should be done at WDW.

Just like Body Wars and Star Tours are the same ride system, they've got different feels, programs, queues, etc.

THX-1701

Account Suspended
Doesn't the Indy ride have an interactive experience,where the guests can choose a different path during the ride?

*0*

pyschotropic

Indiana Jones seems like a great ride however I don't think it will be seen at Disney World anytime soon. Revenge of the Mummy at Universal will be a far more advanced Indiana Jones type attraction so anything after that will obviously be the next step in thrillrides hence the "themepark wars" ala Disney/Universal.

Yen_Sid1

Doesn't the Indy ride have an interactive experience,where the guests can choose a different path during the ride?

No. There is only one path. But with with good show effects and mirrors, they can make you see different things.

In Indy, there is a random program for different show effects to be triggered each time.

At Dinosaur, you get the exact same show everytime.

Luke1984

I've been wishing for a couple years now that they'd get rid of the now boring Indiana Jones stunt show at Disney Studios and put in a small land there. Maybe put in an Indiana Jones ride, Aladin show, and maybe another ride. The scenary could be a desert set or something like that. Maybe a street bazaar. It would be alot cooler than the stunt show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom