Any chance of Ghostbusters?

BrerJon

Original Poster
I've seen the new Ghostbusters movie twice now, and it's the best movie I've seen in a long time and I couldn't help thinking how perfect it was for a Universal ride.

I know they had a Ghostbusters show in the 90s, but does Universal still have the rights to produce an attraction these days if the movie is a hit, or are there legal issues preventing it? It seems like such an obvious property to exploit.

Imagine the queue going through the fire station, then boarding Ecto-1 and battling ghosts through the dimensions. I could see most Universal ride systems working for it - Simpsons, Spider-Man, Kong... they'd all be perfect. Mix in a Buzz Lightyear style proton pack interactivity and you could really have something special. Makes me wonder why they haven't touched the property in ages.

Even just a house at Halloween Horror would be a start.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've seen the new Ghostbusters movie twice now, and it's the best movie I've seen in a long time and I couldn't help thinking how perfect it was for a Universal ride..

Imagine the queue going through the fire station, then boarding Ecto-1 and battling ghosts through the dimensions. I could see most Universal ride systems working for it - Simpsons, Spider-Man, Kong... they'd all be perfect. Mix in a Buzz Lightyear style proton pack interactivity and you could really have something special. Makes me wonder why they haven't touched the property in ages.

Sorry to burst your Bubble....Buuuuuuuttttt......Dubai is getting one.....http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201607/5169/
The Ride Vehicle...
Ghostbusters%20Ecto-Pod%20FRONT.jpg

Exterior Building....
Ghostbusters%20Battle%20for%20New%20York.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom