Any chance AK will expand operating hours with EE?

retroeric

Original Poster
I was so excited when I checked out the new EE page on disneyworld.com... Then I looked at the left side of the screen:

Today's park hours
9:00am - 5:00pm

Is there any chance, with a huge E-ticket attraction like EE, that Animal Kingdom might consider expanding its hours? 5pm is ridiculous. And there are only a few weeks out of the year when it closes past 6.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
they have done it before with the EMH day. They just close all of the attractions that feature live animals at sunset.

retroeric

Original Poster
warlord said:
they have done it before with the EMH day. They just close all of the attractions that feature live animals at sunset.

I mean on a semi-permanent basis, not EMH. It'd be nice if they stayed open till 7 or 8 most nights.

Teenchy

My gut tells me the hours will change because of the increased traffic but I'm sure the "animal attractions" will still close early.

But maybe they know more about the animals reactions to increased hours? or lights etc.

But wouldn't it be great to walk through AK late at night. I love leaving the MK very very late after all the crowds, walking down main street. I think all of the parks are so beautiful at night.

We can hope EE is as fantastic at it looks and the hours change at AK.:)

retroeric

Original Poster
TchaikovskyVCID said:
animals used to a systematic way of life + change in way of life= *NEWS FLASH* hippo mauls disney-goer on the kilimanjaro safari

How does Busch Gardens do it? By the way, they don't have to keep the Kilimanjaro Safari open.

Jose Eber

retroeric said:
And there are only a few weeks out of the year when it closes past 6.

Well if it was a more entertaining park, it would be open longer wouldn't it! Blame Joe Rohde for that.

3rd week in November they are open till 7 most nights, even 8 one night, last week in December they are open till 8, two weeks in April they are open till 8.

I would like to see the standard hours pushed back till 6. Animals are the coolest at dusk -- more active.

retroeric

Original Poster
Jose Eber said:
Well if it was a more entertaining park, it would be open longer wouldn't it!

Hence my question: with the ARRIVAL of EE, it would have more to offer, right?

Jose Eber said:
3rd week in November they are open till 7 most nights, even 8 one night, last week in December they are open till 8, two weeks in April they are open till 8.

And?

What about my original post was incorrect? I said there are only a few weeks out of the year are they open past 6.

Jose Eber

retroeric said:
Hence my question: with the ARRIVAL of EE, it would have more to offer, right?

And?

What about my original post was incorrect? I said there are only a few weeks out of the year are they open past 6.

TESTY!

So I back up your assertion with research --- you feel insulted?

:dazzle:

If you want correction you could say, only a few weeks out of the year are they open past 5!

:drevil:

Narthex

Teenchy said:
My gut tells me the hours will change because of the increased traffic but I'm sure the "animal attractions" will still close early.

But maybe they know more about the animals reactions to increased hours? or lights etc.

But wouldn't it be great to walk through AK late at night. I love leaving the MK very very late after all the crowds, walking down main street. I think all of the parks are so beautiful at night.

We can hope EE is as fantastic at it looks and the hours change at AK.:)

Yeah check out these pictures.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/animalkingdom_afterdark.htm

peter11435

The can and have run the safari after dark in the past. The night safaris really are great. They would probably bring them back if the park is going to be open late on a regular basis.

PhilharMagician

There is also a rumor about a rehab for Rafiki's Planet Watch. The rehab calls for a walking path to connect to the main park and also a full service restaurant. If this happens, I would expect that this is the beginning of extending the hours. Full service sit down restaurants are a main key to keeping the park open during and after dinner hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom