Any attraction announcements at Comic Con 2009?

The Conundrum

Original Poster
As you all know, Comic Con 2009 begins tomorrow in San Diego and all the major entertainment companies will be there showing off there new projects (in film, comics, animation, video games, etc.) I know there is going to be a huge Disney presence where they show off Tron 2 (www.flynnlives.com) and the new Alice in Wonderland as well as a D23 conferance. I was just wondering if you guys think they will show off anything new for the parks there.

I know George Lucas said he has a special surprise in store and im kinda hoping its info on Star Tours 2 (but its probably info on the tv show or a new video game). Let the discussion commence! :sohappy:

IWant2GoNow

As you all know, Comic Con 2009 begins tomorrow in San Diego and all the major entertainment companies will be there showing off there new projects (in film, comics, animation, video games, etc.) I know there is going to be a huge Disney presence where they show off Tron 2 (www.flynnlives.com) and the new Alice in Wonderland as well as a D23 conferance. I was just wondering if you guys think they will show off anything new for the parks there.

I know George Lucas said he has a special surprise in store and im kinda hoping its info on Star Tours 2 (but its probably info on the tv show or a new video game). Let the discussion commence! :sohappy:

I would hope Disney would capitalize on how popular Comic Con is and make some sort of ST2 announcement. It would make sense seeing as a vast amount of Star Wars fans will be there and will no doubt pass word along quickly. It would generate a LOT of hype. Even if they just made an annoucement saying that there was a BIGGER announcment coming soon would be something. Here's hoping... :lookaroun

Next Big Thing

The ST2 announcement makes sense to be announced at this type of setting, especially with Lucas being there. I think Disney is going to want to save most of their big announcements for the D23 expo though so i wouldn't expect anything past maybe the ST2 announcement.

Thrill Seeker

ST2 would really be the only park related announcement that I could see happening at Comic Con. The only other one that I could possibly see happen is maybe JTTCOTE at AK.

a2grafix

The Alice in Wonderland teaser trailer that was *ahem* leaked *ahem* was very visual that I saw somewhere on the net. Going to be an interesting interpretation by Tim Burton.

Besides that, looking for some kind of Disney news at SDCC.

plutoismyhero

I'm surprised Disney hasn't even thought of doing park announcements at Comic-Con.

Would this be a big enough platform to launch something such as a ride announcement. I can understand ST2 but there is no way they could do anything else, i even have trouble believing they would announce ST2 there

NX2I85

For the last couple of years I have thought Comic-Con would be a great platform for Disney to announce park news. The geekery level is high (in a good way :)) and that ties right in with getting good buzz about breaking news in the parks. In recent years we have seen that some particular pop culture phenom doesn't even have to be sci-fi or fantasy related to develop good buzz coming out of Comic-Con.

*fingers crossed for good luck*

Atomicmickey

I'm gonna guess . . . . no.

My theory is that they're going to make big announcements
at the D23 Expo.

I agree that Comic-Con "could" be a good place to announce, even tho
theme parks are not currently part of the mix.

But think of the impact on the fans if they reserve the special announcements for D23. That's the place to really do it, IMHO.

Agree, disagree?

mcjaco

That Flynn lives site makes no sense. Was he, or was he not, promoted to CEO (or some other high power position) at the end of the first TRON?

He never went missing. I don't get it.

That Flynn lives site makes no sense. Was he, or was he not, promoted to CEO (or some other high power position) at the end of the first TRON?

He never went missing. I don't get it.

He did become CEO (or some other kind high muckety-muck), but i think they want us to believe something happen soon after that.

Pretty sure we can guess what that is...

Thrill Seeker

2010 is going to be an amazing year for Disney movies... Toy Story 3, Alice in Wonderland and Tron Legacy? That's a trio to die for...

Maybe we'll get some tie ins for the parks. I'd especially love to see something related to Tron in Tomorrowland...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom